#74322  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:32 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:25 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:04 pm
EAST COAST CONFERENCE (ECC)

Furman
Davidson (many of their fans already hate the A10)

UTC
ETSU

Belmont
Murray St.

CofC
UNCW

Liberty
Richmond

VCU
George Mason
Fine.
My next reaction to your list, after Fine, is to ask how is this conference going to pry especially GMU, VCU, Richmond, Liberty, Davidson, and other away from their present conference for basketball, especially if they need to stay in their present conference for all their other sports (A-10 [except Richmond in CAA for Football] and CUSA)?
Then, my next reaction is to ask where will Furman be playing all it's other sports?
Then, after that, I ask - if there is no problem taking GMU and the other A-10 schools you listed, why not go ahead and take George Washington since it is so close to GMU and VCU and Richmond?

Because to be in the 'ECC' all those teams will be joining a better league than what they are currently in, for many obvious reasons the better question is why would they not rather be in this new league then where they currently sit....................

Where will FU play it's other sports?
Honestly does not matter, that will all sort itself out easily second............................ (ie. Football can stay in SoCon or go anywhere it wants...........)

The league only needs 12 schools, all will have a 'main' rival as I have already highlighted, perfection no doubt.................. :D
 #74328  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:56 am
FU Hoopla wrote:
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Furman

UTC
ETSU

Belmont
Murray St.

CofC
UNCW

Liberty
Richmond

VCU
George Mason
Fine.
My next reaction to your list, after Fine, is to ask how is this conference going to pry especially GMU, VCU, Richmond, Liberty, Davidson, and other away from their present conference for basketball, especially if they need to stay in their present conference for all their other sports (A-10 [except Richmond in CAA for Football] and CUSA)?
Then, my next reaction is to ask where will Furman be playing all it's other sports?
Then, after that, I ask - if there is no problem taking GMU and the other A-10 schools you listed, why not go ahead and take George Washington since it is so close to GMU and VCU and Richmond?

Because to be in the 'ECC' all those teams will be joining a better league than what they are currently in, for many obvious reasons the better question is why would they not rather be in this new league then where they currently sit....................

Honestly does not matter, that will all sort itself out easily second............................ (ie. Football can stay in SoCon or go anywhere it wants...........)

The league only needs 12 schools, all will have a 'main' rival as I have already highlighted, perfection no doubt.................. :D
OK.
Instead of
"Liberty
Richmond

VCU
George Mason"

I would suggest
VCU
Richmond

George Mason
George Washington.

Don't want to have Liberty in this, in part because they are members of an FBS-playing conferrence.
 #74330  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:37 am
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Furman

UTC
ETSU

Belmont
Murray St.

CofC
UNCW

Liberty
Richmond

VCU
George Mason
Fine.

OK.
Instead of
"Liberty
Richmond

VCU
George Mason"

I would suggest
VCU
Richmond

George Mason
George Washington.

Don't want to have Liberty in this, in part because they are members of an FBS-playing conferrence.

Ok, that's fine I would take that as well.......

BUT, Liberty is going into a terrible FBS football league, so doubt they are going to be married to that idea for long....
https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... rty-flames
 #74341  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:07 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:37 am
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
affirm wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Furman

UTC
ETSU

Belmont
Murray St.

CofC
UNCW

Liberty
Richmond

VCU
George Mason
Fine.

OK.
Instead of
"Liberty
Richmond

VCU
George Mason"

I would suggest
VCU
Richmond

George Mason
George Washington.

Ok, that's fine I would take that as well.......

BUT, Liberty is going into a terrible FBS football league, so doubt they are going to be married to that idea for long....
https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... rty-flames
Probably correct
FU Hoopla liked this
 #74349  by Affirm
 Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:03 pm
Also, I would acknowledge that Liberty as a member of any conference would evidently (based on recent results) be more likely to be successful than GWU in attracting/earning a bid to the NCAA Tournament.
 #74350  by FUBeAR
 Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:15 pm