Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:42 pm
tim wrote:
Thorny wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:44 pm
Jasper wrote:
Thorny wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:06 pm
Jace,

Thank you for your contribution to Furman Football. All of us fans appreciated the work you put in.

Cheers!

~Thorny
You are indeed a kind man. Me? I think what he did was awful and obvious.
I was once being bullied out of a company/high profile project. There were two leads. One went on vacation and the other promptly did something stupid and ended up in the hospital a day later so, for the next week and a half, I had to hold down the project with no preperation for two people that wanted me to quit. I, obviously, got no credit for this.

About a month later one gets Covid and the other ends up in the hospital again. I had quit the day before said person ended up in the hospital. Management told the client I was not available...but the client reached out to me and convinced me to hold things over again.

From an outside perspective I was not seen as a team player and I understand that. I know that despite working for said company for eight years I can't expect them to give an honest review of my performance if I need a reference.

I don't know Jace's view on this but if he thinks there are greener pastures then so be it.

I know I am treading on thin ice but we had a former player say they were uncomfortable with the Furman hiring Hendrix based on previous interactions, had a previous potential star QB transfer with rumor being out there that he did not feel wanted, and now the Jace transfer drama.

Hendrix is a good coach and asset to the football program but if we are going to call out players for not being team players, adding drama to the program, etc. based on practically nothing then I am going to throw out that apparently a lot of QBs just don't think Furman is the right fit under Hendrix and some leave more gracefully then others.

They are students/kids and you are trying to hold these athletes to a standard that 90% of people, especially super competitive people, don't meet.
Yeah you are on thin ice, there were plenty of issues with the " star qb" and if you are talking about the TE transfer from Navy, look at his quote again... it made no sense at all. He was Fowlers guy anyway. As to Jace, he got his RS and there is one ahead of him and one behind and that is healthy for the squad.
Look, if we weren't dissing an ex Furman Football player based on nothing but innuendo and rumor I wouldn't be saying anything BUT if we are not going to give the him the opportunity to exit the program gracefully then I am going to point out that in Hendrix's six years as coach he has lost three QBs that started and won games for us early in their careers with the rumors/innuendos including a personality clash, they didn't feel wanted, etc.

Don't throw punches if you aren't ready to take them. 🤷‍♂️
 #62292  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:50 am
With the transfer portal, I think many college programs struggle to maintain a deep bench at QB. It is a position not frequently rotated that usually requires several years to develop.

You see even the nation's biggest programs struggling to keep all of their QBs happy and in the program. It's the nature of the position and the product of college free agency.

Hendrix has had trouble solidifying that position to this point. Huff seems like he's the guy to hold it down for a few years. Hopefully Carson Jones will develop behind him and be ready to take over the reigns when it is his turn. It is best for the program that we move past throwing freshmen QBs into the fire out of necessity.
AstroDin, gman84, FUwolfpacker and 1 others liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.