• 2022 Game Date verses the Citadel

#48930  by Flagman
 Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:26 pm
I guess we’ll have to wait for our schedule release.
 #48933  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 am
Northeast Furman Fan wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:34 pm
According to a Citadel Bulldogs website, Furman plays at the Citadel on October 8th. This was supposed to be the date that we play at Clemson. I have pasted the website address below. Has anyone heard anything on this?
Thanks,

https://www.thecitadelfootballassociati ... chedule-2/
That is not the official Citadel website. There is no schedule on the official site. No team has released their schedule because the SoCon has not released the league schedule. Its probably a good guess on the above site. They have their game at App St as 10/1 but is actually 9/24 which they have 9/24 as open. A good guess is the FU game is 10/1 and the Citadel open date is wrong, prolly 10/8. We pretty much know the 2022 schedule except the one missing ooc home game.
2022 below (dates unknown except CU(10/8)
Home: OOC TBA, Wofford, WCU, UTC, Samford
Away: CSU(yuk), Clempson, Citadel, ETSU, Mercer, VMI
Affirm liked this
 #49145  by Sandlapper Spike
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:22 pm
The Citadel's school website (not the athletics site) lists that same schedule on its 2022-23 event calendar:

https://today.citadel.edu/2022-23-event-calendar/

I am not going to claim it is completely accurate. As mentioned above, the SoCon has not yet released the league slate for 2022.

However, just as an FYI, The Citadel's game at Appalachian State was actually moved from September 24 to October 1 (apparently at App State's request; The Citadel got an extra $25K by agreeing to the change of date). I realize that the game is still listed as a 9/24 kickoff on App's website, but I've seen the addendum to the game contract. The 10/1 date was also reported by The Post and Courier on November 1:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... a3b56.html

I suppose it is possible that Appalachian State and The Citadel changed the game date again in the last two and a half months, but I tend to doubt it.

That said, I wouldn't necessarily put October 8 down in ink for The Citadel-Furman, either, particularly with the Furman-Clemson game situation.
Affirm liked this
 #49148  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 pm
If that is the case then the FU/Cit game could be 9/24. Wonder if the FU/CU game is moving? Heard the Furman schedule will be released by the end of the month.
Affirm liked this
 #49222  by Flagman
 Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:22 pm
Clemson’s schedule still has Furman on October 8.
 #49223  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:52 pm
I guess we’re playing a doubleheader. Since Citadel has released their schedule that means the SoCon has released the conference schedule. No reason for FU to not announce the schedule now. Look for the CU game to be moved up into September or possibly the week before the CU/SC game. CU has not officially released their schedule either.
 #49246  by gman84
 Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:18 am
Furman will release our schedule when it's complete and all agreements are signed by the schools. We know the conference schedule. Knowing the schedule won't make the season start any sooner. :D
 #49405  by apaladin
 Tue Jan 25, 2022 9:42 pm
We should know the date of the Clempson game on Monday when the ACC announces their 2022 schedule. Doubt FU will annouce the schedule until after that.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.