• A Class Act Hamp Sisson

#48612  by The Jackal
 Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:51 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:22 pm
All the best to HS. Back to 3 qbs now?
I think technically that leaves us with one scholarship QB on the roster - Jace Wilson.

Tyler Huff has publicly committed to transfer, but it does not appear that has been officially announced. Someone suggested (or maybe I made it up) that he wouldn't be here by spring practice.

Carson Jones has signed, but likely won't be here until the summer.

So, yes, 3 . . . sorta unofficially. Plus a handful of walk on types, most of whom are freshmen.

My guess is Jace Wilson is going to get a bunch of reps this spring.
 #48613  by bj93
 Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:02 pm
I know it is happening to other schools, but does it not seem that we perpetually only have 1 or 2 QB's and they are almost always underclassmen. Frustrating.
 #48614  by The Jackal
 Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:19 pm
bj93 wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:02 pm
I know it is happening to other schools, but does it not seem that we perpetually only have 1 or 2 QB's and they are almost always underclassmen. Frustrating.

It's certainly been the one position where we've really struggled to build out a depth chart. I do agree that you are seeing this nationally. There are major P5 programs with depth issues at QB.

It's almost more the exception than the rule to see a starting QB playing with the team that recruited and signed him.