• Toughest schedule month??

#4688  by raleigh fan
 Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:23 pm
Hodges threw for 562 and 6 TDs Samford had 737 yds of offense..Strange game...both teams had 5 turnovers...WCU had 19 possessions and Samford 18...that's 37 possessions in a 60 minute game that is ridiculous!!!
 #4691  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 am
affirm wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:40 pm
Samford outscored WCU 66-28? !!
A few notes:

1. Tyrie Adams was lifted in that game due to injury, I believe. So, WCU played with their backup QB.

2. WCU lost three fumbles in the first quarter. Samford turned all 3 turnovers into touchdowns.

Samford is still a good team (despite their record) and could light up a bad defense like WCU. The game got out of hand early after WCU struggled to hold onto the ball and lost their best player.

True to form as well, Devlin Hodges was still in the game even up 21 in the fourth quarter. Samford almost never substitutes him. I guess we will find out how that works for them next season when they turn to a new QB who has almost never seen the field in years.
 #4696  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:17 am
I am sure for next year Sammy will be counting on another FBS QB transfer. That's what they do.
bj93 liked this
 #4697  by gman
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
I am sure for next year Sammy will be counting on another FBS QB transfer. That's what they do.
We have been down that path too, and it worked quite well.
 #4698  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:16 pm
gman wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:43 pm
apaladin wrote:
We have been down that path too, and it worked quite well.
Maybe they will. Samford has gone a transfer route a few times recently, and none of those guys were as good as Devlin Hodges, who they actually recruited as a high school kid.
 #4700  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:48 pm
The Jackal wrote:
affirm wrote:
A few notes:

1. Tyrie Adams was lifted in that game due to injury, I believe. So, WCU played with their backup QB.

2. WCU lost three fumbles in the first quarter. Samford turned all 3 turnovers into touchdowns.

Samford is still a good team (despite their record) and could light up a bad defense like WCU. The game got out of hand early after WCU struggled to hold onto the ball and lost their best player.

True to form as well, Devlin Hodges was still in the game even up 21 in the fourth quarter. Samford almost never substitutes him. I guess we will find out how that works for them next season when they turn to a new QB who has almost never seen the field in years.
we did much the same last year. How much did Roberts really play last year as we beat Citadel by 30 etc. ?
 #4701  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:42 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:48 pm
The Jackal wrote:
affirm wrote:
A few notes:

we did much the same last year. How much did Roberts really play last year as we beat Citadel by 30 etc. ?
Roberts played a bunch in mop up duty. Of course, he was IN every game as the holder, but he played QB in at least 4 contests.

Hendrix would typically yank Blazejowski as soon as the game was in hand. Hatcher almost never pulls Hodges regardless of the score.
 #4704  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 am
The Jackal wrote:
I wouldn’t be one little bit surprised to see this young man lining up as the Starting QB for Samford next year instead of the R-JR (in 2019) who is now listed as Hodges backup:

https://samfordsports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6251

He has a better completion % and has already thrown for more career TD’s than the currently listed back-up. AND...QB Parents can be a particularly curious species, from my years of observing their behaviors in the wild.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.