• My Opinion

#46045  by palafan
 Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:41 am
HB88 wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:03 pm
Not trying to perpetuate negativity, but hard to overlook the fact that CH's best three seasons have been with players he inherited (the hole you mention) in most key positions.
And, we lost Grainger to the portal.
 #46067  by Sad Din
 Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:20 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:58 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:43 pm
palafan wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:21 pm
I too am disappointed and frustrated at another year of not winning the conference and being strong contenders for the National Championship. But, all of this negativity doesn't do anyone any good, especially our players and recruits that read this crap.

Realities are:

CCH started in a hole

His first real recruiting class doesn't get to play because of covid and that had to be a huge disruption in the long range plan and in these kids preparation and grooming

We lost good players like Atkins and Gurley to this BS transfer nonsense, and could and will likely lose more

On the other hand, we won't be getting anymore IM or CF transfers because you no longer have to sit out a year on a lateral transfer. I'll take my toys and go elsewhere if I don't play as much as I think I should is going to be the mentality. And, good lord think of the impact of that on discipline.

We had some key injuries at positions we are not deep at

Wynn's absence was a very noticeable vs. ETSU and WCU

FU admin is more concerned about US News rankings and being the Harvard of the South than they are about what we all love, know and expect Furman was and should continue to be. They won't let CCH and CBR get good transfer student athletes from other schools if they are in anyway deemed slightly less than what the coveted rankings might not tolerate.

This negativity is seen by recruits and mentioned to the coaches. Loose lips sink ships, so keep your negative ones closed, please.

In the end, the NCAA is going to ruin college sports we know and love.

on the recruiting and developing QBs. Our QB coach was a wide receiver. And to SD's knowledge there is not 1 coach on staff that played QB. Coincidence?

Mississippi State has one of the nation's best passing offenses and their head coach is a lawyer. What's your point?
well you are correct. If we can hire Mike Leach at $5M per year who is considered a mad geniuos u probably dont need a coach with QB experience. But if your budget is $50k/year and you have suffered several years of low QB performance, you MIGHT want to consider another tactic... remember when Connor Shaw was a coach for the Dins for about 10mins? That would have been an amazin hire

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.