• We suck!

#45908  by Affirm
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:27 pm
Flagman wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:23 pm
How many of you who posted in this thread were in Cullowhee today? I thought so.

Our loss today had nothing to do with the QB or the offense. We lost today because we had zero pass defense. Take away their long plays and wide open receivers, and we win by three scores.
Thank you for your loyalty in attendance Flagman.
Thank you for sharing your analysis also.
Question: How do we avoid having zero pass defense next time we need some? Or more precisely, not “how do we get above zero?” but “how do we get to ‘sufficient’?”
Last edited by Affirm on Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 #45910  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:44 pm
Flagman wrote:
How many of you who posted in this thread were in Cullowhee today? I thought so.

Our loss today had nothing to do with the QB or the offense. We lost today because we had zero pass defense. Take away their long plays and wide open receivers, and we win by three scores.
Yes we should have a new rule. If you do not attend in person you are not allowed to post about the game. You cannot tell whats going on by watching on TV.
furpal81 liked this
 #45911  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:20 am
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:

Yes we should have a new rule. If you do not attend in person you are not allowed to post about the game. You cannot tell whats going on by watching on TV.
WELL PLAYED AP. WELL PLAYED
apaladin liked this
 #45913  by Furmanoid
 Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:16 am
Look on the bright side. This almost has to be rock bottom. There’s nowhere to go but up. Changes have to be made. This guy has a safe job that pays him very well. Decent job performance isn’t too much to ask. And unfortunately that is going to include allowing some staff to pursue other opportunities.
 #45919  by Davemeister
 Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:26 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Look on the bright side. This almost has to be rock bottom. There’s nowhere to go but up. Changes have to be made. This guy has a safe job that pays him very well. Decent job performance isn’t too much to ask. And unfortunately that is going to include allowing some staff to pursue other opportunities.

Yes, but whatever happens isn't going to happen until the season is over. We have to play out the hand we've been dealt, no matter how crappy it is.

GO 'DINS. WE STILL LUV YA. BEAT THEM KEYDETS!!!

QCGlue liked this
 #45920  by furman86
 Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:43 am
The problem is this.

Many Furman fans also are Braves fans.

We used all our fan-karma winning the World Series.

Any Furman fans who are not Braves fans need to step up.
tim, FU69, FUpaladin08 liked this
 #45928  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:51 pm
furman86 wrote:
The problem is this.

I imagine that numerous college teams that won yesterday have a majority of fans who were pulling for the Braves. Do those colleges all have better and/or more fan-karma.
UofSC? Clemson? Georgia? WCU?
 #45936  by gofurman
 Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:44 pm
gofurman wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:20 am
apaladin wrote:
Flagman wrote:

WELL PLAYED AP. WELL PLAYED
Watching interviews made me recall coaches admit you learn more by TV / TAPE than in person. They are very often saying “I’ll need to review the tape but I think we need more of X and less Y”. They depend on TV/TAPE more than in person experience
 #45938  by Flagman
 Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:08 pm
Often they use their own video which shows more of the field that the limited view on TV.
gofurman, QCGlue liked this
 #45972  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:20 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Where can I get a job where you go .500 or less and get 300-400K (?) annually? And they RE-UP your contract for another 5 years.. ?? :shock: :? :shock: That's nearly 2 million ADDITIONAL DOLLARS we just threw at CCH. 2 MILLION (5 x 400k?) = for 2 MILLION dollars you better daggum produce
 #45973  by gman84
 Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:58 pm
Before some of you go crazy talking about salaries etc. Do your home work and make sure you are accurate. Do your tax dollars pay his salary?
 #45978  by youwouldno
 Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:28 pm
Furmanoid wrote:

The problem is that CCH is trying his best, and he simply is not able to contend as a HC at Furman. There's no fix for it. Changes will actually be needed just to prevent the wheels from totally coming off, and there is no guarantee at all that even those changes will happen.

The Paladins will probably finish the year around #60 in Massey . . . Wofford right now is #80, that is probably closer to the realistic 'rock bottom'. If CCH decides to make zero changes again, it could happen for sure.
 #45979  by cavedweller2
 Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:05 pm
furman86 wrote:
The problem is this.

Very true. The Braves moved to Atlanta in 66 at a time when I was just beginning to tune into sports. The other constants were Furman football and basketball as it is to this day. Between the Braves and Paladins we have 3 championships in my lifetime. We had our shots through the years but have only come away with 3 Titles. It is hard to win it all. Over the course of the last 55 years I have come to accept that we are what we are. I expect the football team to improve. I expect it will. I am just thankful I’m not a Jets fan.
QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.