• UTC Game Thread

#45614  by Flagman
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:01 am
I ask this without having read this entire thread, but does anyone have a word about Dejuan Bell and Devon Wynn. Neither were on the trip.
 #45624  by apaladin
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:20 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:26 am
Not so. The Administration made changes regarding Baseball.
Yep thats my point, when they do make a decision it is a horrible one.
 #45630  by MNORM
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:20 pm
Flagman wrote:
I ask this without having read this entire thread, but does anyone have a word about Dejuan Bell and Devon Wynn. Neither were on the trip.
TV folks said they were both unavailable due to injuries.
 #45631  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:55 pm
Good write up from Keeler. I was not aware of the massive age/experience advantage for UTC. Some of the numbers listed in his article are almost hard to believe.

dornb liked this
 #45634  by dornb
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:59 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:55 pm
Good write up from Keeler. I was not aware of the massive age/experience advantage for UTC. Some of the numbers listed in his article are almost hard to believe.

I don't feel as bad after reading that.
 #45636  by FU3
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:12 pm
Again, they lost to a very well coached VMI team playing kids most of the other Socon team’s wouldn’t waste the postage of a recruiting letter on when they were in HS.Let’s not forget we got hammered by Mercer as well.UTC is a good team but not some juggernaut like an NDSU program, we lost because our O is atrocious right now.
bj93 liked this
 #45638  by Furmanoid
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:35 pm
If we are going to make excuses based on age differences, we need to just quit and drop down a level or two. We have student athletes who actually have some goals in life beyond playing dead end FCS football forever. And they are going to be forced to move on unless they want to teach, because we have few grad school programs.

Besides, guys don’t automatically get better every year, especially when they know there is no real future in it anymore. At some point they plateau.
bj93 liked this
 #45640  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:48 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:35 pm
If we are going to make excuses based on age differences, we need to just quit and drop down a level or two. We have student athletes who actually have some goals in life beyond playing dead end FCS football forever. And they are going to be forced to move on unless they want to teach, because we have few grad school programs.

Besides, guys don’t automatically get better every year, especially when they know there is no real future in it anymore. At some point they plateau.

I do not think anyone is making excuses. It's an interesting fact from the UTC game and something probably unique to 2021.
 #45642  by Davemeister
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 pm
Flagman wrote:
Just finished watching the Coach's Show. He said Wynn practiced yesterday and may be ready for Saturday, day-by-day evaluation. No word on Bell.

Bryce Stanfield is done for the year - foot injuri.
 #45645  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:12 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:54 pm
Flagman wrote:
Just finished watching the Coach's Show. He said Wynn practiced yesterday and may be ready for Saturday, day-by-day evaluation. No word on Bell.

Bryce Stanfield is done for the year - foot injuri.

Hope Stanfield fully recovers. The kid is a beast.
QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.