• Oct 23rd Attendance Update - Furman Still Leading the Southern Conference

#45213  by Northeast Furman Fan
 Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:05 pm
It was a tough loss to ETSU on Saturday. Furman had their chances to win and led for almost the entire game. I think that Furman can compete with anyone in the Southern Conference. I was encouraged by an improved passing game and our defense looked very good in spite of giving up some 3rd and long conversions. Now, we are 4-3 with 4 games remaining. I have hope that we can win the remaining 4 games.

Attendance for Saturday's game against ETSU was 9,330, which was the largest crowd for a Southern Conference Game played yesterday. Furman also continues to lead the Southern Conference in average attendance. The numbers are below.

Furman - average attendance is 10,331 per game
Citadel - average attendance is 9,879 per game
W. Carolina - 9,354 per game
ETSU - 9,296 per game
Mercer 8,579 per game
UTC - 8,158 per game
VMI - 5,362 per game
Wofford - 5,318 per game
Samford - 4,354 per game

All of the efforts to improve the Furman game day experience are continuing to pay off. In 2019, Furman averaged 6,039 fans per game so attendance is up by 71 percent. The last time that Furman averaged more than 10,000 fans per game was in 2011, 10 years ago. Great work and effort by everyone involved in making this happen.

Where is the best place to attend a football game the Southern Conference? Furman!
dornb, hypercycloid, mathprofhiker and 2 others liked this
 #45218  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:32 pm
Northeast Furman Fan wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:05 pm
It was a tough loss to ETSU on Saturday. Furman had their chances to win and led for almost the entire game. I think that Furman can compete with anyone in the Southern Conference. I was encouraged by an improved passing game and our defense looked very good in spite of giving up some 3rd and long conversions. Now, we are 4-3 with 4 games remaining. I have hope that we can win the remaining 4 games.

Attendance for Saturday's game against ETSU was 9,330, which was the largest crowd for a Southern Conference Game played yesterday. Furman also continues to lead the Southern Conference in average attendance. The numbers are below.

Furman - average attendance is 10,331 per game
Citadel - average attendance is 9,879 per game
W. Carolina - 9,354 per game
ETSU - 9,296 per game
Mercer 8,579 per game
UTC - 8,158 per game
VMI - 5,362 per game
Wofford - 5,318 per game
Samford - 4,354 per game

All of the efforts to improve the Furman game day experience are continuing to pay off. In 2019, Furman averaged 6,039 fans per game so attendance is up by 71 percent. The last time that Furman averaged more than 10,000 fans per game was in 2011, 10 years ago. Great work and effort by everyone involved in making this happen.

Where is the best place to attend a football game the Southern Conference? Furman!
9,300+ yesterday was a little disappointing for homecoming. Still better than what it has been. Just thought coming off wins over WC and Citadel and hosting a top 15 team it would have been better. We get spoiled real quick. :D
 #45223  by FUBeAR
 Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:51 am
The 3 Moms, 4 Dads, 1 Brother, and a Great Aunt who lives in Mauldin that ETSU brought didn’t exactly help our attendance numbers on Sat.
DeepPurple liked this
 #45232  by Flagman
 Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:29 am
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:41 am
I was surprised how few ETSU fans were in the stands on TV.
Let's hope Chatty fans don't write these same words about the number of Paladins fans making the trip to 'Nooga. My group will have 8. How many of our "loyal" UFFPers will be there?
QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.