• The Citadel - Oct. 16

#44642  by FUBeAR
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:24 am
And, OMG, FUBeAR has never heard such whining about a kickoff time and traffic in a half century of following college Football. They have another weekly show with a couple of media guys and those 2 spent 20 minutes providing detailed analysis of the traffic patterns & construction zones on I-26, as did this riveting episode of bellhop Football. At least this show didn’t spend 15 minutes breaking down multiple conspiracy theories as to why FU wants to kickoff at the ungodly hour of 6 PM on Sat. The media duo landed on it being a blatant assault on the sleep health of their Cadet-Athletes as the nefarious motive behind such heinous skullduggery. Coach didn’t come out as supporting that theory or one of the many others they cooked up, but he did promise payback for Furman’s kickoff time crime against humanity. Whatever happened to, “Just put the ball down. We’ll show up & whip your a$$e&!”
OMG2 - more whining & crying about the Kickoff Time here - 10 Paragraphs & 30 lines of near-ceaseless WhIMPering lamentations from another bellhop backer - https://thesportsarsenal.com/2021/10/1 ... ervations/

I wish I could alter Allen Iverson’s “We’re talking about PRACTICE!” or Jim Mora’s “Playoffs! Talkin’ Playoffs?” Videos to insert “Kickoff Time” in lieu of “practice” and “playoffs.”

Do hotel guests tip that much bigger on Saturday night that these dudes can’t afford to miss one shift?
 #44643  by The Jackal
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:02 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:22 am
I know what you mean. If we had somehow hung tough with Mercer and lost a close one, I doubt any changes would have been made. It looks to me like the change they finally made sort of transformed things. But it could be that Wofford just absolutely sucks. Tomorrow should settle that question. If we thrash a team that just beat us a few months ago, that’s a pretty good indicator that we are now a different team.
I don't think Wofford is very good, and I did not expect them to be. At the same time, they aren't atrocious. They beat a decent Elon team and had fairly close losses to two ranked FCS teams.

At the same time, what I saw out of our offense Saturday was not necessarily because of Wofford. The offense was working. There was physicality, blocking, precision. It looked like what it is supposed to look like.

That was the first time in the Josh Conklin era that Wofford had surrendered 40 points to an FCS team. The last time Wofford surrendered 40+ points to an FCS team, it was to North Dakota State in December 2017.

It could be that we've just figured out the right combination of players to elevate this group. Maybe we owe Mercer a debt of gratitude for highlighting some issues.
MNORM liked this
 #44644  by FUBeAR
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:14 pm
True - Wofford is good enough to beat a Top 1/3rd CAA Team

False - Wofford absolutely sux, albeit relatively. They are the worst Team in a much tougher Conference than the CAA. They are worse than WCU.

It’s a shame that Poll Voters & FCS Pundits have failed, at this point, to realize these TRUTHS.
 #44645  by The Jackal
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:49 pm
FUBeAR wrote:

False - Wofford absolutely sux, albeit relatively. They are the worst Team in a much tougher Conference than the CAA. They are worse than WCU.

It’s a shame that Poll Voters & FCS Pundits have failed, at this point, to realize these TRUTHS.
I've spent about a week trying to figure out the Wofford fans argument that moving to their current offense is a good move for the program.

I get it if you don't want to run the option anymore. That's fine. But certainly they would have come up with something better than what they've got.
 #44646  by MidlandsPaladin
FUBeAR wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:40 am
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:24 am
And, OMG, FUBeAR has never heard such whining about a kickoff time and traffic in a half century of following college Football. They have another weekly show with a couple of media guys and those 2 spent 20 minutes providing detailed analysis of the traffic patterns & construction zones on I-26, as did this riveting episode of bellhop Football. At least this show didn’t spend 15 minutes breaking down multiple conspiracy theories as to why FU wants to kickoff at the ungodly hour of 6 PM on Sat. The media duo landed on it being a blatant assault on the sleep health of their Cadet-Athletes as the nefarious motive behind such heinous skullduggery. Coach didn’t come out as supporting that theory or one of the many others they cooked up, but he did promise payback for Furman’s kickoff time crime against humanity. Whatever happened to, “Just put the ball down. We’ll show up & whip your a$$e&!”
OMG2 - more whining & crying about the Kickoff Time here - 10 Paragraphs & 30 lines of near-ceaseless WhIMPering lamentations from another bellhop backer - https://thesportsarsenal.com/2021/10/1 ... ervations/

I wish I could alter Allen Iverson’s “We’re talking about PRACTICE!” or Jim Mora’s “Playoffs! Talkin’ Playoffs?” Videos to insert “Kickoff Time” in lieu of “practice” and “playoffs.”

Do hotel guests tip that much bigger on Saturday night that these dudes can’t afford to miss one shift?
Special thanks to FUBeAR for the continual reminders over the past two weeks of why we should all hate woffy and citadel.
FUBeAR, FU69, MNORM liked this
 #44647  by gofurman
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:05 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

I've spent about a week trying to figure out the Wofford fans argument that moving to their current offense is a good move for the program.

I get it if you don't want to run the option anymore. That's fine. But certainly they would have come up with something better than what they've got.
To be fair our O under CBF and the past spring etc hasn’t been any better. Under CBF it seemed we wouldn’t just block people in a simple fashion. We get too fancy sometimes. Be interesting to watch Woff and us. Hope we have it figured out and are on a good trajectory !!!
 #44648  by FUBeAR
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:06 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Special thanks to FUBeAR for the continual reminders over the past two weeks of why we should all hate woffy and citadel.
Almost…

The bellhops are absolutely worthy of our relentless, active scorn.

Woffy…no need to hate them. They are beige, inconsequential, meaningless. If they even exist, we aren’t aware of it. Woffy is a fern that limpens and slowly, imperceptibly slumps to the ground in the middle of a massive forest on an abandoned planet.
 #44649  by The Jackal
 Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:29 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:05 pm
The Jackal wrote:
FUBeAR wrote:

To be fair our O under CBF and the past spring etc hasn’t been any better. Under CBF it seemed we wouldn’t just block people in a simple fashion. We get too fancy sometimes. Be interesting to watch Woff and us. Hope we have it figured out and are on a good trajectory !!!

Our offense has had its moments, but struggled with execution.

Wofford's offense isn't well executed, but even if it was, it's a high school offense. They don't run it well and they throw it worse than they run it.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.