• Post Wofford Game Thoughts!

#44520  by The Jackal
 Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:29 am
Wrapping up the Wofford game.

Just two final thoughts:

1. The long pass play for Wofford is at 10:46. To be honest, I have no idea how that ball wasn't intercepted. In real time, I was annoyed we didn't wrap up the receiver (and still annoyed), but the ball was thrown well off target and Blackshear was in good position to intercept it. The Wofford WR showed impressive control to even catch it, and by that time Blackshear had committed to ball and the runner got free.

2. There was an interesting discussion of the penalty right before half time on the punt that gave Furman an opportunity to keep the ball. Wofford shifted their punt return formation right before the snap, and the rusher ended up flipping from one side of the snapper to the other. It's barely noticeable, but the Terrier defender was over the snapper on the snap, which is illegal. You don't frequently see illegal procedure penalties on a punt return team.

FU69 liked this
 #44547  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:56 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 pm
gofurman wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:11 pm
gman84 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:00 am
In regards to #16...wife and I were right behind the Furman bench. Not exactly the best seats for watching the game but you can really see sideline interactions. He was steady throughout the game. Never too high or low. I thought #9 handled things like a pro as well. He was there with support and also let the young man have his moment. Somebody mentioned that Wynn's longest run was around 20 yards. There is nothing more demoralizing for a defense than to be consistently hammered. Big plays are great and exciting but consistent chunk plays kill your opponent. They also allow you to own the clock!
Exactly how it should be. TIM DUNCAN- style. I always admired Duncan for that even keeled demeanor.

That’s why I quote. “ don’t get too up on wins or too low on losses”. Funny that some people think that’s great for a player but Not good as a fan.
Really? Is that why you use ALL CAPS. 😁😁
PaulC, that’s Well played. VERY WELL PLAYED. :D :D

you see I can appreciate GOOD humor. It’s the other on here that annoys me. Lol

GoFurman. Beat Citadel.

I do think honestly that Woff is easiest (0-3) then Citadel (they at least stepped up and beat VMI, matchups notwithstanding ) and then ETSU 3-0). Next two weeks will tell a lot. That beat down of Wofford is a great start!
 #44550  by FUBeAR
 Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:45 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:44 pm
just doing what I can :) thanks for being a good sport.
You can do more!

16, 0, the OL & the DL stepped it up last week. What are you, Paul C, doing personally to make Paladin Football BETTER this week?
 #44552  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:24 pm
gman84 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:16 pm
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:
In regards to #16...wife and I were right behind the Furman bench. Not exactly the best seats for watching the game but you can really see sideline interactions. He was steady throughout the game. Never too high or low. I thought #9 handled things like a pro as well. He was there with support and also let the young man have his moment. Somebody mentioned that Wynn's longest run was around 20 yards. There is nothing more demoralizing for a defense than to be consistently hammered. Big plays are great and exciting but consistent chunk plays kill your opponent. They also allow you to own the clock!
Exactly how it should be. TIM DUNCAN- style. I always admired Duncan for that even keeled demeanor.

That’s why I quote. “ don’t get too up on wins or too low on losses”. Funny that some people think that’s great for a player but Not good as a fan.
GF, why are you high- lighting what I said ? You have an interesting way of changing what I said to support your narrative. I said NOTHING about fans.
I catch heat for sometimes not being ‘high enough’. So I was showing an example that being steady and not overreacting (good or bad) can be a good thing. I am certainly aware you were referencing a player (QB) but just showing that sometimes ‘even-keeled’ is a good thing.

That’s all. Logical extrapolation and all that
gman84 liked this
 #44564  by gofurman
 Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:46 pm
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:

GF, why are you high- lighting what I said ? You have an interesting way of changing what I said to support your narrative. I said NOTHING about fans.
I catch heat for sometimes not being ‘high enough’. So I was showing an example that being steady and not overreacting (good or bad) can be a good thing. I am certainly aware you were referencing a player (QB) but just showing that sometimes ‘even-keeled’ is a good thing.

The real question is .. now that you and I are on the same page to some extent.. will FUWolfpacker 'like' this post too? Or only the ones where I get 'called out.? we shall see (IE, he 'liked the post when you asked why I would highlight your post and there was discord.. now that we are more on the same page will he still like it or not?)
 #44570  by The Jackal
 Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:08 am
gofurman wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:

The real question is .. now that you and I are on the same page to some extent.. will FUWolfpacker 'like' this post too? Or only the ones where I get 'called out.? we shall see (IE, he 'liked the post when you asked why I would highlight your post and there was discord.. now that we are more on the same page will he still like it or not?)

Unlikely.
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #44571  by FUBeAR
 Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:09 am
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:

FYP
FUwolfpacker liked this
 #44572  by JohnKX512
 Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:13 am
The Jackal wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:
gofurman wrote:
gman84 wrote:

Unlikely.
Please like and share my post! Thoughts and prayers. #paladins #furman #football #cantwaittobeatwoffordinbasketballthisyearmultipletimes #beatcitadel

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.