• crappy team

#44417  by FUBeAR
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:54 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:31 pm
Lets just be happy with a great win instead of bashing each other or saying I told you so.
F off - you constantly bash Furman Players & Coaches here & you ask to not receive a bashing when your tired-a$$, wrong-a$$ whining is called out. You have been wrong as acid rain about the outstanding men leading this Team & the fine young men wearing the <F> doing battle for our Alma Mater (mine, at least). KMA - own up to your wrong-headed nankering, admit the error of your ways, commit to objectivity vs. constant negativity, and just do better OR accept your comeuppance & STFU.

You said, essentially, Furman Football sucks & our Coaches are idiots. You said those Beige Frat boys from Woffraud were going to whip our a$$e$. Instead, we beat ‘em like a red-headed step-child, took their lunch money, and called ‘em Louisa in their front yard. Make about 100 posts and 20 threads about that or just STFU!
Yadkin, Roundball, AstroDin and 5 others liked this
 #44420  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 am
Totally not true. I have never bashed any player or coach. Not even close. Griped about play calling etc like a lot of others but never have I bashed any players or coaches. Never said FU fb sucks or said coaches were idiots. Would never do that. I have too much respect for that.
Affirm liked this
 #44426  by The Jackal
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:49 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 am
Totally not true. I have never bashed any player or coach. Not even close. Griped about play calling etc like a lot of others but never have I bashed any players or coaches. Never said FU fb sucks or said coaches were idiots. Would never do that. I have too much respect for that.
Perhaps. Perhaps not. The general approach of some almost appears to root against Furman and assume things are falling apart when they are, in fact, not. Criticism is fine, but just the abject negativity wears thin.

Some of you might take this friendly fire as an opportunity to reevaluate.

I can think of no better metaphor than this video clip.

FUBeAR liked this
 #44430  by Furmanoid
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:07 am
Not sure which camp I’m assigned to. I’ve been pessimistic since the spring season about the notion that we could make major improvement without switching quarterbacks. So I guess I was “bashing” the qb. I was called out again and again by those saying the OL was just making the qb look bad instead of the other way around. But somehow that didn’t count as bashing the OL. Of course others argued that all starting players were great but play calling was terrible (not bashing the OC or anything).
Then there were those who said everybody was good and we were just having a run of bad luck, cheating refs, and execution problems unrelated to talent or preparation.

Anyway it seems like we did finally switch quarterbacks (pretty mean thing to do) and all of a sudden everybody, even the poor downtrodden linemen, got better. Good thing the coaches finally became pessimistic a-holes like me and made the necessary changes. But all that being said, this was one game one day against a team that is a little puzzling. Did they really get that bad that quick or did we get that good even quicker? Or was it some of both? Dunno. But now we get to play another so-so team and get another blowout. Then you’ll see everybody playing fast with confidence the rest of the way.
apaladin liked this
 #44432  by gman84
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:40 am
I guess this proves that as fans we know squat! Football being a team game we all identified deficiencies from individuals to units and staff. We needed a spark and we got it in a big way. In 17 we were 0-3 and beat the crap out of Colgate, got on a role and made the playoffs. I’m not suggesting a repeat of that this year, but who knows. What I do know is the next step is to kick the crap out of The Citadel. Then, concern ourselves with meat of our schedule. Arrow up!
Davemeister, FUBeAR, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #44438  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:14 am
gman84 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:40 am
What I do know is the next step is to kick the crap out of The Citadel. Then, concern ourselves with meat of our schedule. Arrow up!
You speak The Truth. This morning I feel too good to worry about who-said-what. Let's all get together at Paladin Stadium next weekend to watch our Purple Men hold a Sweat Party for the "Lords Of Discipline".
apaladin, dornb, gman84 and 1 others liked this
 #44463  by gofurman
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:15 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:54 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:31 pm
Lets just be happy with a great win instead of bashing each other or saying I told you so.
F off - you constantly bash Furman Players & Coaches here & you ask to not receive a bashing when your tired-a$$, wrong-a$$ whining is called out. You have been wrong as acid rain about the outstanding men leading this Team & the fine young men wearing the <F> doing battle for our Alma Mater (mine, at least). KMA - own up to your wrong-headed nankering, admit the error of your ways, commit to objectivity vs. constant negativity, and just do better OR accept your comeuppance & STFU.

You said, essentially, Furman Football sucks & our Coaches are idiots. You said those Beige Frat boys from Woffraud were going to whip our a$$e$. Instead, we beat ‘em like a red-headed step-child, took their lunch money, and called ‘em Louisa in their front yard. Make about 100 posts and 20 threads about that or just STFU!
I don’t have a dog In this fight. At all. However -
Factually-
Actually AP got the prior two scores (Mercer and State?) BOTH the closest pre-game.

He probably leads the Entire ‘gopaladins’ board in the ability to see what is and what will occur. So that’s hard quantitative proof that he sees what is and not what he Hopes. Objectively, that’s a strong case for him as a realist and not a pessimist. If he were a true pessimist his scores would be way off in the other teams favor.

Facts and data …

That said, let’s all just be at the Citadel game !!! Come and be loud. Go Furman!
apaladin liked this
 #44464  by Thorny
 Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:29 pm
Things were not looking good after the loss to Mercer and there are always things to work on. I was losing faith and saying as much.

But the coaches know when they are being out coached and the players know when the coaches are being out coached. Adding fuel to that fire and highlighting it to potential recruits does NOT help the football team.

I'll criticize stuff but sometimes I almost feel like it would make more sense if some of the fans on here were secretly plants from the Citadel given the nature of their criticism (i know they are not but most of the time...you guys aren't helping).
gman84, Flagman, FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.