• Gene Chizik and SEC Commish in PS

#38357  by FUBeAR
 Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:02 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:07 pm
Gene Chizik and Greg Sankey the SEC commish were in Paladin Stadium Saturday and saw CC recover the game ending fumble. Good espn article.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... -fans-want
WOW! That is a GREAT ARTICLE. THE SEC Commish was live-Tweeting from Paladin Stadium...

...And, apparently, the author of this article, Ryan McGee, spent some time as part of the Paladin Radio Network..

He’s a UTenn grad and a native of Rockingham, NC, home of the Richmond County Raiders - so he ‘gets’ how we locals feel about Football.

A little disappointed he only went to “FU 2 Times” in the article...and skipped over “FU 3 Times,’ but he brought it home right! #FUATT
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #38362  by FUBeAR
 Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:47 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:03 pm
Yep.. rumor is SEC invite coming soon!
You’ll like this, Sad Din.

I sent this Tweet to a Mercer friend of mine on Sunday. He was a Pitcher for the Bears 20+ years ago. I added this message...

“Furman lookin’ to enter the FBS move-up Portal - SEC Commish scouting the ‘Dins on Saturday.”

His reply...

“Pretty sure you need to have a baseball team to be in the SEC... #TooSoon?”

...but you know FUBeAR couldn’t just let that stand. So, I ended the exchange...

“No worries - We’ll have our Softball Players all declare themselves as gender fluid & cover both sports. We good.”

:-)
gman84, fupaladin01, QCGlue and 2 others liked this
 #38364  by AstroDin
 Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:32 am
if ya'll would have read the thread below… I posted the link to the article. ;-)

Ryan McGee is the son of Dr. Jerry McGee. Dr. McGee was the head of development at Furman in the eighties. I was a toddler art director - and Dr. McGee gave me a shot at designing all the fundraising materials for at that time the largest capital campaign in Furman history. I owe Jerry a big thank you for helping me take a huge step in my career.

Doing a google search of Ryan McGee's writing is worth your time, he's got some really good stuff out there.
FUBeAR, QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.