• A huge shout out to the DBs/Safeties

#38103  by gofurman
 Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:20 pm
I noticed (I think) that Blackshear was out - huge loss (hamstring) - and at times Chizik and Clay left the field. To win despite that kind of attrition at one position is impressive
 #38145  by gofurman
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 am
I heard Blackshear is nursing a hamstring. Boo. Those can take a while and he is a stud! Anyone know if Chizik and Clay came back?
Are they ok? Feel free to PM me. Hope everyone is healthy. One tough thing about this year is only 8 weeks so hard to come back if you get dinged up
 #38156  by AstroDin
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:54 am
Chizik recovered the fumbled in OT.
Clay came back in.
Champ Yates #22 and Micah Robinson #14 also got a good bit of snaps at DB yesterday.
Bryce McCormick also had a great game - I'd expect him to start against the Bucs.

Another big shout-out needs to be made for the KO coverage team - they laid the wood yesterday. Gilby is a special team monster, also pay attention to #39 DiMaggio and #44 Clark on special teams.
76MrMoto, QCGlue liked this
 #38166  by Paul C
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:44 am
I like or corners and safeties a lot but we do have some youth at S that gets exposed from time to time....part of the learning curve...
 #38178  by gofurman
 Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:18 pm
Paul C wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:44 am
I like or corners and safeties a lot but we do have some youth at S that gets exposed from time to time....part of the learning curve...
Yep. Such
tough position. You can play great 7 plays and then one slip is a 25 yd gain

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.