• Depth Chart

#36946  by Flagman
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:18 pm
Why don't we see how "this" team performs? This team has never played together. College football teams are new every year. Past history has no bearing on future performance. I believe they will be great every year until they prove differently.
hypercycloid, apaladin, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #36960  by Affirm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:16 pm
Flagman wrote:
Why don't we see how "this" team performs? This team has never played together. College football teams are new every year. Past history has no bearing on future performance. I believe they will be great every year until they prove differently.
I also believe they will be great this year. We will find out soon.
 #36966  by gofurman
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am
Flagman wrote:
Flag, I respect your opinions but find this one odd... I hope our team is great.. But teams are not completely "new" every year - that's why they list "returning starters" as a key stat.

If past history has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on future results then I guess all that Tom Brady stuff was just random luck? Tom Brady's past history has NO bearing on his future performance>???? - Or, perhaps more to your point of the larger team's success and in college - so Alabama is "New" every year and so wins on LUCK ??? NOPE. They return 12 great players and reload with 15 more. It's a pattern - a process if you will :D ... it isn't random luck and it's not a completely "New" team. Half of the team is new and half is the same.. Now sometimes they mesh (chemistry) differently, I certainly grant that.

All that said, please hear that I think we could win the SoCon - we did two years ago and we have made the playoffs. CH is doing a great job - that's a huge part of the equation too.. the coaching and development. And I think we have that and I like what I see !! That's yet another part of the ongoing continuity where, again, past results do have a bearing on future performance. I just can't accept that each team is Completely new and independent though I get what you are saying. To wit: I think most would agree that as long as we had Ingle Martin or App had Armanti Edwards those were stellar teams... And they were right. I'm just saying It's not a totally new team each year. And I am glad for that as we have been good and getting better !!!

Gofurman - let win tomorrow !!
 #36976  by Paul C
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 am
College football success, or lack thereof, is far more transitory than NFL.

BTW, I could turn around your Tom Brady example and turn it into a Tampa Bay example to prove Flag's point.
 #36977  by gofurman
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:21 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:15 am
College football success, or lack thereof, is far more transitory than NFL.

BTW, I could turn around your Tom Brady example and turn it into a Tampa Bay example to prove Flag's point.
I thought about that w Tampa Bay too.. LOL. But it's the players they brought in that made it obvious to me - and everyone - they would win more.. It's not a mystery there. It's smart decisions and law of averages.... anyhow

Let's get a win tomorrow - goDins!!
 #36979  by FUBeAR
 Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:05 pm
gofurman wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am
Flagman wrote:
Flag, I respect your opinions but find this one odd... I hope our team is great.. But teams are not completely "new" every year - that's why they list "returning starters" as a key stat.

If past history has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on future results then I guess all that Tom Brady stuff was just random luck? Tom Brady's past history has NO bearing on his future performance>???? - Or, perhaps more to your point of the larger team's success and in college - so Alabama is "New" every year and so wins on LUCK ??? NOPE. They return 12 great players and reload with 15 more. It's a pattern - a process if you will :D ... it isn't random luck and it's not a completely "New" team. Half of the team is new and half is the same.. Now sometimes they mesh (chemistry) differently, I certainly grant that.

All that said, please hear that I think we could win the SoCon - we did two years ago and we have made the playoffs. CH is doing a great job - that's a huge part of the equation too.. the coaching and development. And I think we have that and I like what I see !! That's yet another part of the ongoing continuity where, again, past results do have a bearing on future performance. I just can't accept that each team is Completely new and independent though I get what you are saying. To wit: I think most would agree that as long as we had Ingle Martin or App had Armanti Edwards those were stellar teams... And they were right. I'm just saying It's not a totally new team each year. And I am glad for that as we have been good and getting better !!!

Gofurman - let win tomorrow !!
You are selling Alabama WAAAAAYYYYY short. They will return 50 great players and reload with 25 more.
gofurman liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.