• Meanwhile, Colgate Win Again Tonight

#3601  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 pm
They will come in 2-0. They have not given up a lot of yardage on defense and a total of 20 points. They haven't produce a lot on offense either, but hey what have we done?
 #3605  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:00 pm
affirm wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:50 pm
Colgate beat New Hampshire, of Elon’s conference.
I thought I wanted Colgate to win and come in ranked or close. they were 32nd in coaches poll this week and UNH was 22nd. So I expect Colgate will be 27th or so now.

Last year we KILLED them at Colgate w better talented athletes at most positions

Most of those athletes are back and some are older now - McKoy (may have been his first start at Colgate?) Reid, the DL in general etc. all our DBs plus now Trapp.

I heard their announcers last year and we were all over them in the backfield etc.

We CAN win this but we need some effort and some OL improvement. Still baffled that despite our youth - as Paul C said - these guys may be young in age but they are a year older in learning OL and strategies from CCH.

I'll be there and be loud.

Colgate and UNH totaled about 200 yards. Colgate won 10-3. We may need to,pull a win of that type score
 #3610  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:43 pm
Kinda funny, remember all those threads a couple of years ago about our lack of scoring and offense? The way it's going we could be looking at an all-time low. Only 2 4th quarter TDs so far this year.
 #3621  by The Jackal
 Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:30 am
New Hampshire is grossly overrated. They were hammered in their opening week game.

Furman has played Colgate 3 times recently and beat them soundly. They beat them soundly last season. If we don’t come out and beat them soundly this season, I’ll start to get a little worried.
gofurman liked this
 #3658  by gofurman
 Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:10 am
The Jackal wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:30 am
New Hampshire is grossly overrated. They were hammered in their opening week game.

Furman has played Colgate 3 times recently and beat them soundly. They beat them soundly last season. If we don’t come out and beat them soundly this season, I’ll start to get a little worried.
Exactly. We have some history - most important last year - and every time we just have too many athletes. Our D should hold the Colgate O in Check. What can our OL do??? Wouldn't hurt to get a little scoring from our D or a short field. We give one to all our opponents

We have to be one of the few teams in the country who hasn't gotten one turnover in our favor yet. . Not going to look it up. Maybe there are tons of teams who haven't gotten one turnover in two games? I think we were -2 at Clemson and -3 at Elon. With us not getting a single one - I don't mean turnover ratio. I just mean get one at all. Would give us a nice spark and help our offense

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.