• WHAT WAS THAT

#3579  by AlValonge
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 pm
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 #3590  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:53 pm
Maybe, a complete beat down? embarrassing? effortless? A complete new offense? No passing game whatsoever? A turnover fest? Unexpected?
 #3598  by raleigh fan
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:30 pm
Being there unfortunately I can tell you there seemed to be no spirit early on and Elon was not afraid of the passing attack. Trapp is the best player out there, i felt early we weren't going to win and we'd be lucky to score.

This is actually when the failures of the previous coach show up in year two...we had enough senior talent last year especially at QB and TE to overcome a lot of teams. But to be left with a 5th yr senior and a bunch of freshman is a major condemnation of the recruiting scheme of the previous coaches or that they left feeling no hope. It showed at other positions, too. Skill position wise we ned help. Looked slow and I have never seen our defense look that bad other than against FBS teams or the great Marshall teams.
 #3602  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:43 pm
raleigh fan wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:30 pm
Being there unfortunately I can tell you there seemed to be no spirit early on and Elon was not afraid of the passing attack. Trapp is the best player out there, i felt early we weren't going to win and we'd be lucky to score.

This is actually when the failures of the previous coach show up in year two...we had enough senior talent last year especially at QB and TE to overcome a lot of teams. But to be left with a 5th yr senior and a bunch of freshman is a major condemnation of the recruiting scheme of the previous coaches or that they left feeling no hope. It showed at other positions, too. Skill position wise we ned help. Looked slow and I have never seen our defense look that bad other than against FBS teams or the great Marshall teams.
Hard to win being one dimensional when you don't have a dominant OL

big point is our OL really needs work
 #3604  by apaladin
 Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:54 pm
When is the last time since the "football for fun days" we have started the season with 2 losses by more than 5 Td's each game?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.