• Fans in Stands?

#35377  by Furmanoid
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:55 am
Seating is the easy part. The trick will probably be restroom management. Might need a few blue rooms. But all of it is doable.
 #35378  by Roundball
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:32 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:55 am
Seating is the easy part. The trick will probably be restroom management. Might need a few blue rooms. But all of it is doable.
Open the back gate and go to the woods. Plenty of space there.
Furmanoid, FU69 liked this
 #35379  by AstroDin
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:02 am
Flagman wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:14 pm
Not to stir the pot, but there was no irrational fear. COVID is real and has hit several of my friends, some of whom believed that crap about it being a hoax, which may be why they caught it.
Flag to your point… I don't want to make a big deal about this but…

Yesterday over 4,000 Americans died of COVID. My Dad was one of them. He was rehabbing in an Upstate facility and was exposed. He fought hard for 8 days and got to live to have his 88th birthday.

I'm a Paladin due to him. My Dad took me to Sirrine as a young pup and to the box to see Joe and the boys play.
My Dad was part of the first class on the new campus. My Dad is not a number or statistic of COVID.
He was a beautiful soul and I will miss him deeply.

That said — my Dad loved Furman and he hoped for a spring football season.
RIP — OEC
 #35380  by cavedweller2
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:09 am
Sorry for your loss Astro.
AstroDin liked this
 #35414  by FUBeAR
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:45 pm
Deepest condolences for your loss, AstroDin. Sounds like he was a GREAT Dad and a GREAT Paladin!

The Lord will welcome him & he’ll have the best seat in the house to watch his Paladins this spring!

Check your DM’s when you get a chance.
AstroDin, FU69 liked this
 #35437  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:38 pm
Very sorry about your Dad Astro. Thanks for sharing. It puts everything in perspective.
AstroDin, FU69 liked this
 #35481  by gofurman
 Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:32 pm
AstroDin, I am so sorry to hear that - I will pray for your family. Sincere condolences for your loss. These are not numbers - they are people
 #35483  by Affirm
 Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:13 pm
Sorry for your loss. Wishing peace and comfort to you and family.
... My father died this same week 28 years ago, age 78. I still miss him and think about him and his life, a lot.
He did not have the opportunity to attend college, nor did any of his 7 siblings.
He became a big fan of CU football during his final 20 years of life, attending many, many, many home and away CU games (including their first National championship, 6 years before he died).
I believe he NEVER attended ANY FU game. Seemingly, he considered FU athletics basically irrelevant and worthy of being ignored (maybe not in 1988, not sure); though he never was obnoxious about his favoritism of CU football, nor about my choosing to attend FU.
... I WAS blessed by my father nevertheless. I am thankful that you were blessed by your father, including by you and he together having affection for FU athletics in common.
... I expect that now is a very hard time for you. I wish you well.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.