• Nine Weeks

#34750  by FUBeAR
 Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:42 pm
Flagman wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:35 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 pm
If we're playing football in Feb, you'll not hear complaining about the weather from me.
Nor I. I've been to Bozeman, MT, Fargo, ND, Flagstaff, AZ in December. Plus, I sat through a snow storm (in Paladin Stadium).
have no sensory knowledge of Flagstaff, but I heard Fargo, outside, was unbelievably, cartoon-like cold (but the game was indoors..so...)

But...that day in MT, I watched on TV, as the Paladins donned their Garnet winter sideline coats ...and it looked miserable..worse than miserable. Our play that day was the only thing more miserable than the weather...from what I saw.

Now...12 degrees with gusty winds (pre-windchill calculations) and freezing rain, and sleet, and snow in Huntington, WV was pretty darn disarming. I FELT that day and don’t want to experience it again..not sure how it felt compared to Fargo, Bozeman, and Flagstaff...don’t wanna find out.

I’ll be just fine in The Upstate in Feb....as long as there’s FU / SoCon / FCS Football to be watched!
 #34752  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:08 pm
The worst I’ve been to was in Boone in a pouring 35 degree rain. Think we ended up tying. Don’t remember the year but 80’s or early 90’s?
 #34753  by Paladin82
 Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:25 pm
apaladin wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:08 pm
The worst I’ve been to was in Boone in a pouring 35 degree rain. Think we ended up tying. Don’t remember the year but 80’s or early 90’s?
I think that was '86, just miserable.
apaladin liked this
 #34757  by The Jackal
 Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:02 am
Flagman wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:35 pm
FUPlayer74 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:04 pm
If we're playing football in Feb, you'll not hear complaining about the weather from me.
Nor I. I've been to Bozeman, MT, Fargo, ND, Flagstaff, AZ in December. Plus, I sat through a snow storm (in Paladin Stadium).

Most miserable football game I've ever watched was the opposite - 100 degrees in Auburn, Alabama.

Auburn's OC was Tony Franklin, they couldn't complete a pass. Couldn't catch a pass. Couldn't run. Sat in essentially an oven for four hours watching crappy football and and a clock that stopped every 10 seconds.

I'd sit in a blizzard to watch some good football any day of the week than do that again.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.