• Corey Watkins??

#34252  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:09 pm
Jackal noted this too

I don’t see Corey Watkins on the roster anymore. Anyone? Is he gone too?

That’s a hurt if we lost Watkins AND Grainger. That’s two of our top 6 skill guys or so. Watkins was one of the game breakers we need ! Anyone know if he is gone or is the roster wrong?
 #34255  by The Jackal
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:18 pm
What was wrong with discussing this on the other thread where I already mentioned it?
 #34256  by gofurman
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:22 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:18 pm
What was wrong with discussing this on the other thread where I already mentioned it?
Well we 1). separated Grainger possibly leaving in its own thread and 2). That thread (where you posted) is supposed to be about season predictions

No big deal. It’s a great catch by You. Just being OCD. lol
 #34257  by apaladin
 Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:17 pm
Glad you posted it GF. I did not see it in the other thread. Definitely important enough for it’s on thread just like Grainger. Hate to see him go but unlike QB we are pretty deep at RB. He must have been gone a while and nobody noticed. The roster still lists Grainger.
gofurman liked this
 #34262  by AstroDin
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:33 am
I really liked Watkins… if he's not in the transfer portal - I'm wondering if this is something else. Watkins took a wicked hit in the ETSU game and IMO wasn't quite the same when he started playing again.

With Wynn having the option of playing both 2021 seasons - and I guess he may, losing Watkins is a loss but it opens the door for some other very talented players.

Pencil Wayne Anderson Jr as the number two tailback/slotback. This moves KT up to number three, I expected Thomas to see a lot of PT in 2021 anyway this opens that door wide open for Kendall Thomas.

Chase Abshier quietly moves into the four slot.

Furman brings in a very talented big back Myion Hicks 5-11 215 in the 2021 class, Hicks could play RB in Furman's offense but he's got enough quicks to play TB too.

I think Furman could have a second tailback/runningback commitment - we will know more on Friday.

What I do know - early commit duCille unfortunately had another injury and didn't play his senior season for Denmark HS. That means duCille hasn't played football since his Sophomore year. I've checked up on him throughout the season to see if he plays a game. He hasn't and I don't see him listing being committed in his bio.

Being a super stalker on Twitter and having a very useful Twitter dashboard work app - I can see the bread crumbs sometimes of recruiting. Fingers crossed that a certain player with a Furman offer signs on Friday.

Anyways… we've got some horses in the stable at runningback.
 #34265  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:06 am
apaladin wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:17 pm
Glad you posted it GF. I did not see it in the other thread. Definitely important enough for it’s on thread just like Grainger. Hate to see him go but unlike QB we are pretty deep at RB. He must have been gone a while and nobody noticed. The roster still lists Grainger.
Yeah, that's all - Jackal is definitely the one who caught it, not me! Just I know how those long threads get and things get lost after a few days.... and I felt if Grainger got his own thread why not Watkins...

My thoughts - First, I wish Watkins all the best. I hope it's not a lingering injury or something and that he is ok.
I know we are far deeper at RB (deepest position on team I would feel pretty safe in saying). SO that's good. It's still a loss though as there is a reason CH had him as the 2nd/3rd RB and he was a change of pace I felt. If memory serves I felt Watkins was the fastest / quickest of the backs --- and you always want SPEED. as CH has confirmed we do need more playmakers: you can never have enough. And Watkins was a playmaker

Hope we don't see anymore of this - Grainger and now Watkins. That's enough ! :D
 #34282  by AstroDin
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:27 pm
^^ Wayne Anderson was a track guy
^^ Kendall Thomas was a track guy
both are fast, both ran 100m and 200m
Anderson ran a lot of relays

Incoming Kelton Gunn and Bailor Hughes
both ran track 100m and 200m

we're not losing any speed!
 #34284  by JohnW
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:53 pm
Don't have any idea why these players left. I do have a worry that I'll keep to myself. However, if you're a guy that's not particularly happy, has some regrets, wants a do over, now is a unique time. Grainger, Watkins and anyone else can leave now and not be constrained in their options. Will not have to sit out a year and not even lose the current year's eligibility. Not content now's the time to act.
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #34306  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:21 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:27 pm
^^ Wayne Anderson was a track guy
^^ Kendall Thomas was a track guy
both are fast, both ran 100m and 200m
Anderson ran a lot of relays

Incoming Kelton Gunn and Bailor Hughes
both ran track 100m and 200m

we're not losing any speed!
Well - technically - we did lose speed. We had all the guys you listed PLUS Watkins.

But I hope we increase speed every year

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.