• Depth Chart

#2970  by The Jackal
 Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:01 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am
Incredibly exciting about the QB depth. Hopefully we will be on the right side of several blowouts this year and these guys will get some playing time.

You just hope that the ones that aren't playing are OK battling it out and don't want to transfer somewhere else. Seems to be a more common occurrence these days ... or at least we hear about it more.
It happens, but Furman just went through a 5 year stretch with two good QBs on the roster where neither transferred.

At worst, you spend your career as a backup QB and get a $250k education out of it. I'd be ok with that.
 #2973  by apaladin
 Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:26 pm
I think there is certainly talent at the QB position. I don't know if you can call it depth though. To me depth means you have a quality starter and a couple of quality backups. Right now we don't have a starting QB so I am not sure depth is the right word. Maybe quantity? With HR's injury and not being able to practice the last 2 weeks, I doubt he starts next week so it could be anyone. Anyway, I am sure CCH and staff will figure it out.
PaladinDad liked this
 #2975  by apaladin
 Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:30 am
apaladin wrote:
I think there is certainly talent at the QB position. I don't know if you can call it depth though. To me depth means you have a quality starter and a couple of quality backups. Now we don't have a QB that has taken a meaningful snap, 3 have never taken a snap. Right now we don't have a starting QB so I am not sure depth is the right word. Maybe quantity? With HR's injury and not being able to practice the last 2 weeks, I doubt he starts next week so it could be anyone. Anyway, I am sure CCH and staff will figure it out.
Last edited by apaladin on Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #2976  by The Jackal
 Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:52 am
apaladin wrote:
I think there is certainly talent at the QB position. I don't know if you can call it depth though. To me depth means you have a quality starter and a couple of quality backups. Right now we don't have a starting QB so I am not sure depth is the right word. Maybe quantity? With HR's injury and not being able to practice the last 2 weeks, I doubt he starts next week so it could be anyone. Anyway, I am sure CCH and staff will figure it out.

...or we have two guys that are starter quality meaning our primary backup will be as talented as a starter.
 #3035  by fufanatic
 Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:37 am
The Jackal wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:01 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:21 am
Incredibly exciting about the QB depth. Hopefully we will be on the right side of several blowouts this year and these guys will get some playing time.

You just hope that the ones that aren't playing are OK battling it out and don't want to transfer somewhere else. Seems to be a more common occurrence these days ... or at least we hear about it more.
It happens, but Furman just went through a 5 year stretch with two good QBs on the roster where neither transferred.

At worst, you spend your career as a backup QB and get a $250k education out of it. I'd be ok with that.
True, but I can't say I necessarily want a QB on the roster that's just happy to be there. Everyone's goal doesn't have to be the NFL, but working hard and fighting for a starting spot should be in everyone's mind. The possible exception being the walk-on QB that wants to be a coach one day. But still need that guy to give it his all day in and day out.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.