• Top SoCon teams for each unit

#2706  by gofurman
 Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:02 pm
I would like people's objective opinions to the best teams (2 or 3) with each unit.

I'll list the units and take a few guesses though I haven't gotten' in full football mode yet to look at graduations etc. I am SURELY forgetting as I haven't reviewed anything...

QB - 1) Samford Hodges (senior with a superstar receiver), 2) Tyrie Adams is a dynamic play maker 3) Mercer freshman was impressive and is now a sophomore

RBs - 1) Wofford (whomever it was at RB that got the edge on us last year?) and 2) Furman

WRs - 1) Samford.. ? (Samford's Kelvin McKnight was named among the top 10 FCS receivers by Athlon Sports - dang, I think he will just be a Junior too...) + Samford's Shelling is all-SoCon too... 2) ? 3) ?

OL - ?? who has a great OL this year ? - Furman? only one all-SoCon preseason but I believe in Clay..

-----------------

DL - 1) Samford? I know one of their front 7 is a freak and is preseason D player of the year again - GOoden. 2) Wofford ? Horton and Brown are a strong duo

LBs - We are probably top 3 with McKoy but man we coulda killed with Ellis too if he hadn't transferred... who else has strong LB corps?

DBs - 1) Furman ? Anoor and Okeh etc. could be quite a group! Samford had a superstar but I think he graduated...

Would like to hear your thoughts on top 2 or 3 at each unit !
 #2781  by gofurman
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:35 pm
nothing huh? It isn't just our team that matters, it's how good the other team is. That's why we usally beat VMI but lost in the playoffs - would appreciate opinons on top units in the SoCon.

Jackal?

Bear?

I bet you guys have some good informed opinions - would like to hear em
 #2782  by The Jackal
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:47 pm
It's a difficult analysis because it requires some familiarity with every team's starters and then the ability to compare them with everyone else's groups.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.