• Connor Shaw Gone Already

#2543  by Affirm
 Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:22 pm
I always felt Connor would have moved on to something bigger by January at the latest, even though I also thought he’d stay until at least the end of the regular season. (By the way, the end of the regular season is only 17 weeks from now.)
No early commitments should switch due to Connor’s decision, and I do not think there is any reason for that to happen.
 #2545  by paladinduece
 Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:45 pm
He did a great job of establishing relationships with recruits but as noted the big 3 he brought in who were at the top of the boards are still all in.
Last edited by paladinduece on Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #2550  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:58 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:12 pm
Remind me of why this is a big deal...It's a tight ends coach....Not an OC or DC or HC...If he wants to go into private business, than I wish him well...Just like the elf that wanted to be a dentist instead of an elf for Santa in that Christmas show...Let people go where their heart leads them.
 #2558  by fudriver
 Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 am
affirm wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:08 pm
I thought we’d have him for one season. Why did he not realize before taking the job what the money was going to be? Why didn’t he take that into consideration before “committing” to the job? Did he think he was going to get USC-level coaching pay? I will take the positive side of this with the following speculation: he discovered a lucrative opportunity that he figured would be more enjoyable for him and his family life; and he chose to do Furman a favor by resigning before the season instead of going through his one Furman season half-heartedly. Maybe he wanted to attend USC games, realizing that the Gamecocks are going to have an outstanding season, including beating Clemson at Clemson on November 24, the date when we hope to be in an FCS playoff game unless we earn a bye. I assume that Coach Hendrix would not have hired him if he thought he would not complete the season and do a good job. Unfortunately, I think this is embarrassing for Furman.
He had no loyalty to Furman, just like Dez!
 #2559  by gman
 Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:46 am
His loyalty is to his family and to where God is leading him to be. Knowing Clay, I am sure he understood the decision and wishes Shaw the best. Go Paladins!
QCGlue liked this
 #2560  by furman88
 Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:51 am
Hiring someone with Mr. Shaws resume, pedigree is always a calculated risk. The rewards for as long as he was here coulda proved nice for recruting and exposure to big time athelete. Think Clay was right in his thinking.
Looking back prob not the best fit. We will be fine with the motivated coach we hired and we wish Connor success moving forward. Purple Reign!
FUBeAR, FU3, FU69 liked this
 #2606  by Affirm
 Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:36 pm
fudriver wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 am
affirm wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:08 pm
I thought we’d have him for one season. Why did he not realize before taking the job what the money was going to be? Why didn’t he take that into consideration before “committing” to the job? Did he think he was going to get USC-level coaching pay? I will take the positive side of this with the following speculation: he discovered a lucrative opportunity that he figured would be more enjoyable for him and his family life; and he chose to do Furman a favor by resigning before the season instead of going through his one Furman season half-heartedly. Maybe he wanted to attend USC games, realizing that the Gamecocks are going to have an outstanding season, including beating Clemson at Clemson on November 24, the date when we hope to be in an FCS playoff game unless we earn a bye. I assume that Coach Hendrix would not have hired him if he thought he would not complete the season and do a good job. Unfortunately, I think this is embarrassing for Furman.
He had no loyalty to Furman, just like Dez!
“Just like Dez ...” . Who is “Dez”, and what did Dez do to show disloyalty?

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.