• Vote for the SoCon! Big Sky SUX. Should be called The BIG Lie, IMO

#2261  by FUBeAR
 Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 pm
Click the link below & cast your vote for the SoCon, folks. Maybe, I’m naive, but I think “perception” matters; REALLY matters at Playoff Selection time.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-201 ... rence-cici

The Big Lie has about 20 Teams in their Conference & they usually get about 10 Teams in the Playoffs, that all lose, except 1, maybe, to non-scholarship Teams...in the 1st Round...at Home. The BIG Lie rigs their Regular Season schedule so the better Teams don’t even play each other and they get to choose, after the fact, which Conference games ‘count’ as Conference games. OOC, a few of their Teams play a couple of the, also, possibly, overhyped MVFC Teams not named NDSU...and they always lose those games, but play them within a couple of TD’s; so they get gushed over for playing such a tough OOC schedule since they lost to some MVFC Team that also makes the Playoffs with a 6-5 record and loses in the 1st round to a so-so (and also overhyped) CAA Team with a 7-4 record.

It’s all another #FakeNews #MSM scam.

#MSCGA & VOTE!
Paladin82, FU69 liked this
 #2267  by dinhead
 Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:57 pm
Three Big Sky teams made last years FCS playoffs. Weber St, won their first two games defeating Big Sky opponent S, Utah in the second round before a two point loss to national finalist James Madison. N. Arizona got drilled in the first round. Big Sky playoff record 2-3.

Three SoCon teams made the playoffs. Furman beat Elon Before losing to fellow SoCon team Wofford who lost in the next round. Samford got drilled by Kennesaw St. SoCon playoff record 2-3.

Can't get more even than that. The only thing that Sux is letting facts get in the way of a "bad argument" Both conferences only won only ONE PLAYOFF game against a team that wasn't in their conference and that was a first round play-in game. Before we start talking junk about how good the SoCon is maybe we should at least get a team past the FCS quarterfinals !
FU69 liked this
 #2268  by The Jackal
 Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:17 am
dinhead wrote:
Three Big Sky teams made last years FCS playoffs. Weber St, won their first two games defeating Big Sky opponent S, Utah in the second round before a two point loss to national finalist James Madison. N. Arizona got drilled in the first round. Big Sky playoff record 2-3.

Three SoCon teams made the playoffs. Furman beat Elon Before losing to fellow SoCon team Wofford who lost in the next round. Samford got drilled by Kennesaw St. SoCon playoff record 2-3.

Can't get more even than that. The only thing that Sux is letting facts get in the way of a "bad argument" Both conferences only won only ONE PLAYOFF game against a team that wasn't in their conference and that was a first round play-in game. Before we start talking junk about how good the SoCon is maybe we should at least get a team past the FCS quarterfinals !

It's high time Samford started carrying some of their own water, too. There is a lot of hype for a football team that has zero playoff wins to show for all of chest thumping.
FU69 liked this
 #2278  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:54 pm
dinhead wrote:

I’m sorry. Did I say Big Sky SUX? What I meant to say is Big Sky REALLY SUX!!

In your “facts,” you just equated a Team that plays on grass in the South playing 6x FCS Champion NDSU in The Fargo Dome with a Team from the near-Arctic playing at JMU in VA outdoors on a near-Arctic night. Um...not exactly. And, even worse, you just equated Kennesaw (now ranked #3) with non-scholarship PFL Team, San Diego. Not even with my blurriest glasses on after a bottle of my favorite adult beverage. And to top it off, you also equated our beloved Paladins with something called Southern Utah. I didn’t know Utah even had any Southern parts. And that team gave up 77 & 54 points last year...54 to an FCS Team that didn’t even make the Playoffs. I’d be offended if I wasn’t laughing so hard.

Here are the ACTUAL FACTS...

When the BSC’s 3rd best Team gets curb-stomped by the SoCon’s 3rd best Team, as Chatt did to Weber, and the 4th Place Team gave up the 1st loss ever in Playoff history to a non-scholarship Team from the PFL at Home...in the 1st round, as occurred in 2016, something starts to become evident. Then, that’s followed the next year by another loss to a non-scholarship PFL Team by a BSC 3rd Place Team at Home...in the 1st Round, it becomes quite clear...

Despite having 27.8 Total Teams in the Conference & a totally intercoursed up schedule of conference/non-conference/Counter’s/non-Counter’s games/standings...

The Big Sky Conference should HAVE BEEN a 2 Bid League...AT BEST...the past 2 years.

Other than formerly Sludge Belt, Idaho, moving up to The Big Sky, I have seen no reason to believe they should be anything more than a 1 or 2 (maybe) bid League again this year. Sure, they’ll get 3 or 4...maybe even 5 in because, like you, the media & the committee still believe in The Big Lie.

Me? ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_96uKZ7yQ
furman88, cavedweller2 liked this
 #2287  by The Jackal
 Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:01 pm
HiHiYikas wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:45 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:17 am
It's high time Samford started carrying some of their own water, too. There is a lot of hype for a football team that has zero playoff wins to show for all of chest thumping.
I agree, but I don't think they will.

Samford has the most pressure on them most certainly this season. Anything less than a playoff appearance and at least one win, if not multiple, would be a monumental dissapointment.
 #2288  by cavedweller2
 Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:54 pm
dinhead wrote:

I’m sorry. Did I say Big Sky SUX? What I meant to say is Big Sky REALLY SUX!!

In your “facts,” you just equated a Team that plays on grass in the South playing 6x FCS Champion NDSU in The Fargo Dome with a Team from the near-Arctic playing at JMU in VA outdoors on a near-Arctic night. Um...not exactly. And, even worse, you just equated Kennesaw (now ranked #3) with non-scholarship PFL Team, San Diego. Not even with my blurriest glasses on after a bottle of my favorite adult beverage. And to top it off, you also equated our beloved Paladins with something called Southern Utah. I didn’t know Utah even had any Southern parts. And that team gave up 77 & 54 points last year...54 to an FCS Team that didn’t even make the Playoffs. I’d be offended if I wasn’t laughing so hard.

Here are the ACTUAL FACTS...

When the BSC’s 3rd best Team gets curb-stomped by the SoCon’s 3rd best Team, as Chatt did to Weber, and the 4th Place Team gave up the 1st loss ever in Playoff history to a non-scholarship Team from the PFL at Home...in the 1st round, as occurred in 2016, something starts to become evident. Then, that’s followed the next year by another loss to a non-scholarship PFL Team by a BSC 3rd Place Team at Home...in the 1st Round, it becomes quite clear...

Despite having 27.8 Total Teams in the Conference & a totally intercoursed up schedule of conference/non-conference/Counter’s/non-Counter’s games/standings...

The Big Sky Conference should HAVE BEEN a 2 Bid League...AT BEST...the past 2 years.

Other than formerly Sludge Belt, Idaho, moving up to The Big Sky, I have seen no reason to believe they should be anything more than a 1 or 2 (maybe) bid League again this year. Sure, they’ll get 3 or 4...maybe even 5 in because, like you, the media & the committee still believe in The Big Lie.

Me? ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WX_96uKZ7yQ
Most excellent video.
FUBeAR liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.