• Positives from today!

#20742  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:30 pm
tim wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:13 pm
I hope we go back to Wofford and kick their azzzzz.
And what is the reason you think it would be different if we go back????????????????????????
I guess wishful thinking.
apaladin, Davemeister liked this
 #20743  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:33 pm
tim wrote:
I said the same thing in 2017. Didn't go well. The more I think about it I could see WC getting a seed to minimize travel in the second round.
 #20746  by AlValonge
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:28 pm
If we somehow get another match up against Woffy anytime soon, I think we need to go into the 2-minute drill most of the game to have a shot. We are not constructed to line up and run at them and I think we can hurt them if we go off script. I would love to play smash mouth, but that is a fool's errand at this time. We have to line up in the shotgun/pistol and get rid of the ball quickly and take our chances with some bombs. Our pass plays on Saturday took too long to develop and they had our QB's rattled and they never got into any rhythm.
gman84 liked this
 #20763  by tim
 Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:39 pm
affirm wrote:
tim wrote:
And what is the reason you think it would be different if we go back????????????????????????
No, not wishful thinking I just don't think Wofford has suddenly become Alabama due to the events of 11/16. I don't think they are suddenly much physically stronger than Furman in one year. We manhandled THEM last year. Ask SC State, Samford and Clemson how strong they are. All games turn on 3 or 4 big plays and we couldn't get our chunk plays yesterday, dropped pass here, overthrown pass there and a blown read or two by some young defenders. The stats don't bear y'all out that we were dominated especially when the TOP is considered.
DeepPurple liked this
 #20778  by The Jackal
 Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:53 am
tim wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:39 pm
affirm wrote:
tim wrote:
No, not wishful thinking I just don't think Wofford has suddenly become Alabama due to the events of 11/16. I don't think they are suddenly much physically stronger than Furman in one year. We manhandled THEM last year. Ask SC State, Samford and Clemson how strong they are. All games turn on 3 or 4 big plays and we couldn't get our chunk plays yesterday, dropped pass here, overthrown pass there and a blown read or two by some young defenders. The stats don't bear y'all out that we were dominated especially when the TOP is considered.
Same boat. Wofford won the game. They were the better team Saturday. Furman was stopped twice on the the goalline and the scoreline easily could have been 24-21.

So, no, I don't think if these teams lined up 10 times Wofford would win 10 times by multiple scores. We didn't get off the field on third downs on defense and had another game where we struggled in the passing game. Some of that has to do with Wofford. Some of that had to do with Furman's execution.
DeepPurple, dornb liked this
 #20796  by Mr. Taggart
 Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:34 am
I watched this game at a conference surrounded by Wofford fans. I understand the disappointment.

I think we are quickly forgetting how far we have come, and how miserable things were 4 years ago.

I am bummed we got whipped. The sun is up. We are likely to make the playoffs. That has been a rare occurrence for us. We will get better and more experienced.
tim, din23 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by paladinfan41

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:02 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.