• Paying for Water....

#20147  by paladinfan12
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 am
GOAT wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:20 am
Okay, I know you want to hear my thought after not being at a home football game for 36 years. First the school. Many upgrades since 1984. The student union (I know not called that) really nice. Food court and restaurant on the lake are major improvements. Apartments on campus really nice. Plyer Hall top notch. Freshman girls now live in the old boys dorms. They left the urinals' in the now women's bathrooms. That did not go over well with mom. The Chapel is beautiful. Daughter and Mom really enjoyed talking to actual professors about there department.

Football. Our team is good and may be really good. Crowd much larger than I expected. (Had low expectation). The Paladin on the horse is still strong .
Woodwinds should be bought by Furman and torn down. I am sure Furman could use that land for something.
I got a Furman sweatshirt at the book store. I look forward to wearing it.

Overall great trip and I think our football program is headed in the right direction.

I started this thread by talking about two things that I do not understand. I was reminded of a third on Sunday night. What is the deal with people sitting in a grocery store drinking beer. Is that going on where you live? I do not get it. Enough. Go Furman
I love this. So glad you have so many positive comments, but most of all I love the urinals comment, lol.

My mom/sister had the same discussion on the urinals. Later I found out that often they will switch boy halls & girl halls - hence why the urinals have always remained. Something about gender equality.
 #20167  by furpop16
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:38 pm
paladinfan12 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:39 am
My mom/sister had the same discussion on the urinals. Later I found out that often they will switch boy halls & girl halls - hence why the urinals have always remained. Something about gender equality.
My daughter lived in those halls from 2012-2014. I recall the girls made planters out of the urinals.

... but back to football. Congrats on the #7 ranking.
dornb, FUKA61, DeepPurple and 2 others liked this
 #20218  by Bootie
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:27 pm
Haha drinking beer in a grocery store?? Where did you see that??
 #20219  by gofurman
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:58 pm
Bootie wrote:
Bootie, go in one of them there fancy grocery stores. :D It's a "thing" now - one of the grocery stores is Whole Foods I think:

https://www.alcoholprofessor.com/blog-p ... store-bars

"So he headed out to nearby Whole Foods Market. But when he walked in to the new store near Washington D.C.’s booming Navy Yard neighborhood, he skipped the seafood counter and the giant aisle of prepared foods. Instead, he went straight to the bar."
 #20225  by MNORM
 Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 pm
Bootie wrote:
Harris Teeter on Augusta Street...it's strange.
gofurman liked this
 #20242  by FUBeAR
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:25 am
People in NOLA used to swig Dixie Beer on the regular while they made their groceries at Schwegmann’s, back when FUBeAR was doing a part-time ExPat gig in Louisiana in the late 80’s.
 #20257  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:21 am
Walk by beer cooler. Pick up 12 pack PBR. Open one. Continue shopping.
MNORM, FUBeAR, hypercycloid and 1 others liked this
 #20265  by gman84
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:21 am
cavedweller2 wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:21 am
Walk by beer cooler. Pick up 12 pack PBR. Open one. Continue shopping.
Did it back in July at the Garden Spot corner of Altamont and State Park road. Miller lite. Very parched that day.
 #20266  by Mr. Taggart
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:46 am
I hope that the legendary Duke Fisher checked you out that day. Or, in the words of Fred Garvin, I hope he "hooked" you up.
 #20276  by Fred Garvin
 Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:29 pm
THE G SPOT!!!
$1 skoal
cheap beer
best selection of off brand skin mags on earth.....

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.