• FCS Committee Top 10

#19904  by FUBeAR
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:29 am
 #19905  by gofurman
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:40 am
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:47 pm
Back to the list - WTH? Is up with UNH jumping over a bunch of schools to nab #10 seems like a stretch to get another CAA team into a spot for a seed.
First way to go Furman !

I agree 100%. These Committee guys scare me sometimes. Basically follow poll and then their drinking buddy at UNH gets #9 after being ranked 20ty or so. That’s scary honestly. And people say they will lose to JMU but that’s beside the point. UNH does not deserve to be 10. AGS. Should UNH beat JMU then they are a top seed. That’s crazy. I swear someone at CAA has dirty pictures of committee chair doing something they shouldn’t have. Lol.. It’s really not funny though - thinking ISU or Montana State or KSU is feeling ROBBED right now. They shouldn’t have to hope JMU wins that game

That said we can see what APaladin has been advocating. This is good to know going forward. 9 of the 10 on this list are EXACTLY the same as 9 of the ten in coaches poll this week . Well, different order but same teams. Now hopefully I remember to compare it at years reg season end. I’ll be curious. The committee is straight off the COACHES poll (other than UNH). Stay top 23 or so and you are in esp w IVY not participating and this year Princeton and Dartmouth are top 20

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/ ... aches-poll
Coaches poll:
NDSU
JMU
Weber State
SDSU
Montana
UCA
UNI
Sac State
Furman
KSU
 #19919  by apaladin
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:03 am
What is really eye-opening is prior to the win over Villanova, UNH was #41 in the coaches poll. They gained 16 spots to #25 currently. That gain alone is the biggest jump by one team all year. It's not like they beat NDSU. The committee jumped them an additional 15 spots to #10. So the committee took the #41 team last week and jumped them 31 spots based on one win. Mind boggling. I think the CAA bias is blatant, just like the SEC is in FBS.
FUpaladin08 liked this
 #19920  by cavedweller2
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:57 am
Flagman wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:07 pm
SDSU will likely handle UNI and James Madison will likely send NH back to where they belong. We just have to take care of business with the Kangaroos and the ankle biters. I would like us to make a statement as we take care of the next two weeks.
A couple of back to back 3 TD+ wins would be sweet.
 #19922  by fufanatic
 Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:08 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:03 am
What is really eye-opening is prior to the win over Villanova, UNH was #41 in the coaches poll. They gained 16 spots to #25 currently. That gain alone is the biggest jump by one team all year. It's not like they beat NDSU. The committee jumped them an additional 15 spots to #10. So the committee took the #41 team last week and jumped them 31 spots based on one win. Mind boggling. I think the CAA bias is blatant, just like the SEC is in FBS.
I really don't understand it. Can FCS really not find committee members that will keep their biases out? I get it's human nature to be a little bit biased, but year in and year out this committee is pathetic.

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.