• WCU game thread

#19287  by MNORM
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:32 pm
tim wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:11 pm
Does it look as though he isn't seeing open receivers? Maybe locking in on one? There were several throwing plays when he could have run. Stuff you naturally see though with a RS freshman. He will be a good 'un.
That's part of it. He missed a wide open Jake Walker in the end zone. Instead, he tried to force the pall to DeLuca who was covered extremely well.
He's a RS Freshman. The more he sees the field the better he'll get a reading defenses and making decisions.
Last edited by MNORM on Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #19289  by gofurman
 Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:50 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:48 pm
Fans with a negative outlook see themselves as realists. They aren't. They are the perpetually dissatisfied and wouldn't be content regardless of the score.
True to an extent but some are realists. (otherwise the word 'realist' wouldn't exist if there weren't any :D )

There are indeed Pessimists. Realists. And Optimists.
Something that was hammered into me while workin for old Roger Milliken years ago: “Good is the enemy of better. Better is the enemy of best. “. Ask South Carolina today.. They probably bought the hype after beating UGA.

I think it’s objective to say our D was / is GREAT. I looked today and we lead the conference in overall points allowed and that is not just conference points allowed but including the TWO FBS. That’s sick as Woff and some reams haven’t played ONE FBS yet! Most have played one but not two. Best D I’ve seen for us in years Really loving it - especially improved is our pass D !!!

I think our run offense is also really good. Maybe not quite as ‘blow you off the ball’ as I first thought but w the right window dressing and option added in it’s really good. Our passing game concerns me a little as the best teams in SoCon (or certainly in nation) could hold our run down enough that we need a higher completion rate than past two games. Citadel showed that as the means with which to beat us. And we saw better passing in the earlier games. So it just needs to return. That pass to Gordon for a TD today is a good start! Love that we have a running QB - that's a threat we haven't had in years.

Kicking is a thing of beauty w Atkins.

No one is as good as they think they are when they win. No one is as bad as they think they are when they lose.

Those are my overall summaries. I really ask. Does this sound objective or pessimistic? I am really askin' for your thoughts here - realist or pessimist?