• Grit and Speed

#18123  by AstroDin
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:52 am
I'm sure we all enjoyed watching the game on Saturday. I decided to zip through the game last night one more time.

During the game, I was impressed with the twitchy speed of the Samford receivers and running backs. Early on I was concerned. After rewatching the game Furman choked the field — Furman's defense had bodies everywhere flying to the ball. Jordan Willis is having a helluva year!

Back to the point of this thread - comparing Furman to Samford, a very athletically talented team Furman's speed on offense IMO is different.

Besides being very hard to tackle one on one Devin Wynn has sneaky acceleration, he's patient and can hit a hole fast. Yesterday also proved he has legit breakaway speed. Hard to believe Furman was his only offer.

I noticed Watkins changed numbers this season, was curious about it, digging into his twitter I found the answer. Corey Watkins's childhood hero was AP (Adrian Peterson). Watkins many say is the fastest player on the team, his game though isn't just speed. Watkins is very good running between the tackles and he like Wynn gets extra yards after contact.

Wayne Anderson my be as fast as Watkins, it's going to be exciting to see Anderson develop, gain weight and strength. I'm curious to see how much weight he can gain and not lose his speed.

Abrams and Roberto make a very interesting combination. Abrams has the versatility to be an every-down back. Roberto, it's uncanny how much he reminds me of Felton. The catch and run yesterday were impressed for a 240 pound back.

None of the above matters if you don't have the men up front leading the way. The Furman offensive line put a beat down on the highly-acclaimed Samford front seven. Impressive job yesterday.

Keeping an eye on the future… Furman commit Kendall Thomas RB/SB in five games has 100 touches, 1,292 yards, and 13 touchdowns.
FUKA61, MNORM, furman88 and 4 others liked this
 #18165  by Davemeister
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:38 pm
All of our backs ran like young bulls yesterday.