• Mercer Gameday!

#17212  by paladinduece
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:27 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:12 pm
Mercer looks like they've given up.
They have but much effort rallying to the ball on defense. This is something so far. Dominating a team that seemed to be better than this, but that is because of us. We haven't played great in a couple of aspects but still whippin their tails. O-Line has had some breakdowns but played well. Defense has mixed looks but still have a sore spot that needs improvement. That being said it is a huge positive not to play perfect at this point and handle then this way. It’s only going to get better IMO. Two deep up front is impressive. Coach Vaughn is leading improvement. 4 is going to smash records by the time he is done. Keep the crowds growing and recruits commuting. CH is doing great things. FU.
 #17213  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:29 pm
We are smoking Mercer boys
 #17214  by The Jackal
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:40 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:27 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:12 pm
Mercer looks like they've given up.
They have but much effort rallying to the ball on defense. This is something so far. Dominating a team that seemed to be better than this, but that is because of us. We haven't played great in a couple of aspects but still whippin their tails. O-Line has had some breakdowns but played well. Defense has mixed looks but still have a sore spot that needs improvement. That being said it is a huge positive not to play perfect at this point and handle then this way. It’s only going to get better IMO. Two deep up front is impressive. Coach Vaughn is leading improvement. 4 is going to smash records by the time he is done. Keep the crowds growing and recruits commuting. CH is doing great things. FU.
Things have looked sloppy in the second half, but you're right, it's impressive to look this shaky and still whip a good opponent.
 #17217  by furpop16
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:28 pm
Last I saw the spread was twelve. Nice cover.
 #17218  by Affirm
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:35 pm
Injury? Listening to CCH right now.
Have to cut off. Someone please post what he says about injury, please.
 #17224  by paladinduece
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:50 pm
I didn't see Shiflett, Wayne Anderson, Weems, or Maples in today's game.
Nor Jones I thought he was cleared? Need some help tackling at that position.
 #17225  by AstroDin
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Just got home - dominating performance. The D laid the wood. As CCH said Furman played sloppy at times and still played a great game. Furman played a ton of players - I'd guess as much if not more than played against CSU.

Worried about Vann - he was in a lot of pain. Anderson was held out - coming off an ankle injury he was dressed. Weems and Maples were on the sidelines but not dressed. Our corners had a great game, Chizik and Blackshear are going to be good ones. Hugh Ryan played very well also. Furman is blessed at runningback.

Mercer got by with a lot of jersey holding on our receivers… have no idea why they weren't called.
 #17238  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:37 pm
Just got home - dominating performance. The D laid the wood. As CCH said Furman played sloppy at times and still played a great game. Furman played a ton of players - I'd guess as much if not more than played against CSU.

Worried about Vann - he was in a lot of pain. Anderson was held out - coming off an ankle injury he was dressed. Weems and Maples were on the sidelines but not dressed. Our corners had a great game, Chizik and Blackshear are going to be good ones. Hugh Ryan played very well also. Furman is blessed at runningback.

Mercer got by with a lot of jersey holding on our receivers… have no idea why they weren't called.
Was Vann the one that had to leave?
 #17240  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:36 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:51 pm
Man some good things and some bad things. I guess I look at what will be needed to make a deep run and not just win the conference but some things on D may keep us from that. Gonna piss everyone off I am sure but I have NEVER seen such poor ass tackling and aggressiveness from safeties. It wasn’t this way last year and there is a concerning pattern this season. I mean damn contact is ok this isn’t soccer. They are non existent in run plays and even seen several times they are in pass coverage while a runner crosses the goal line. What in the hell technique are they being taught? Put 7 in hell put anybody in.
I had a former player show me what you are pointing out. it was a GREAT game !!! but this one area needs to be looked at -there is nothing wrong with pointing out areas for improvement

Once we got way ahead and they had to go pass only we looked much much better but there will be teams we will be in close games with and the safeties will need to play better when the run and pass are both possibilities from the opposing offense
 #17243  by gofurman
 Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:53 pm
paladinduece wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:02 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:50 pm
I didn't see Shiflett, Wayne Anderson, Weems, or Maples in today's game.
Nor Jones I thought he was cleared? Need some help tackling at that position.
to complete the list.. Kearse left game and did not return. Hanff wasn't dressed. Kearse looked ok on sideline though