• Chas Southern game notes

#15983  by Flagman
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:48 am
Purpleglasses wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:43 am
Does Charleston Southern have fans at all?
I cant find any message board, or anything on them.
I'd like to see how they are feeling about the new coach and system etc., and what they think of us opening the season.
You would think that if there were fans, they would be excited going into the season, and be talking about it.
Their stadium only seats about 5,000. They can't have many.
 #15985  by gofurman
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:20 am
Flagman wrote:
Purpleglasses wrote:
I'd like to see how they are feeling about the new coach and system etc., and what they think of us opening the season.
You would think that if there were fans, they would be excited going into the season, and be talking about it.

Flagman would know stadiums - I swear he has been everywhere we play ! HE IS A GREAT FAN

though ironically, I heard CH say we have never played CSU - that has to be the only FCS in state we have never played? Citadel, Woff, SC State, Coastal prior to FBS, - and we have played Clemson and USC so that makes CSU the only D1 we haven't played in state.
 #15990  by tya1
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:10 pm
The first thing I was reminded of when looking at the game notes was just how frustratingly painful opening day has been lately. We have lost 7 of the last 8 opening games. Two of the losses were to Michigan State and Clemson, so, understandable. But the other five losses were all by seven points or less.

Time to start a different trend.
dornb liked this
 #15991  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:13 pm
tya1 wrote:
The first thing I was reminded of when looking at the game notes was just how frustratingly painful opening day has been lately. We have lost 7 of the last 8 opening games. Two of the losses were to Michigan State and Clemson, so, understandable. But the other five losses were all by seven points or less.

I've said this before, but I think you'll know that Furman is well and truly back when an underdog OOC team from the Big South comes to Paladin Stadium and we just pound them.
fupaladin01 liked this
 #15992  by The Jackal
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:15 pm
AstroDin wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:40 am
Wofford
Ten freshmen on two deep. One freshman starting. 14 seniors on two deep all starters.
Woah! Wofford will have a lot of starter shoes to fill in 2020.
I've said this a few times about the Terriers, but Josh Conklin inherited a team with a lot of veteran talent, particularly on defense.

Lets see where he is in a couple years after Mike Ayers' players are gone.
 #15995  by gofurman
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:42 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:13 pm
tya1 wrote:

I've said this before, but I think you'll know that Furman is well and truly back when an underdog OOC team from the Big South comes to Paladin Stadium and we just pound them.
yesss

1-7 in opening games I discount the FBS also. so that makes us 1-5... WE BETTER BRING THE PAIN! do not take these guys for granted ! they have that 'Big South great WR' just like KSU did...
 #16007  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Flagman wrote:
Purpleglasses wrote:
CSU's stadium has been voted the worst in D1. It DOES NOT seat 5,000. Just like Wofford's capacity is not 13,000 more like 8,200.Official capacity is listed at 4,000 and that is a stretch, prolly closer to 2,500. Hopefully we do not have to return this game.
FWIW Hunter must have heard us. The pre-game story is now on the official site where it belongs. :)
 #16014  by Purpleglasses
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:22 pm
Not to be picky, and I am very happy that the story is on the main site, but the below statement is incorrect.
Tibbs is not a redshirt senior, but a true senior.
He was a signee of the 2016 class.
standouts include redshirt senior defensive end Jonah Tibbs (24 career starts)
 #16016  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:08 pm
Yadkin wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:01 pm
Here's a pregame story, right on the front of FurmanPaladins.com, and also the front page of the football home page. Not sure how anybody could miss it. Looks like the game notes are in the same location they were last year...drop down menu column on the right side of the football page.

https://furmanpaladins.com/news/2019/8/ ... urday.aspx
It wasn't there until this afternoon.
 #16017  by Yadkin
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:18 pm
Did somebody in sports information miss your deadline? I looked back it appears the pregame advance nearly always comes out on Wednesday.
 #16018  by FUBeAR
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:44 pm
Purpleglasses wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:22 pm
Not to be picky, and I am very happy that the story is on the main site, but the below statement is incorrect.
Tibbs is not a redshirt senior, but a true senior.
He was a signee of the 2016 class.
standouts include redshirt senior defensive end Jonah Tibbs (24 career starts)
He’s from Alabama. I bet he owns at least one redshirt.
 #16020  by Purpleglasses
 Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm
Dang straight FUBeAR more than one.
However, I am happy the Paladins don’t have any suspensions and injuries like my “home” team.
I’m just ready for a big FU day and for the Tide to rise to the occasion again.
I find it interesting, however, that so much of the Carolina’s (both of them) are an extension of the Alabama contingency.
Frank Thomas ✔️
Wallace Wade ✔️
Danny Ford ✔️
Dabo ✔️
David Cutcliffe✔️
Hamp Sisson✔️ Yet to happen, but I have been known to be prophetic. 😂
PalaDad liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.