• Monday 8/05 Practice...... General Observation

#15243  by Huck
 Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
I’ll start by saying that these are intended to be general and purposefully vague..... I save the best for last..... and upfront I’ll have no comment on injured players.

Offense - simply we are loaded at RB and receiver. Virtually every ball that could be caught, was. The key as is well known will be the O-Line. My gut feeling as of this morning is these guys are gonna be bulldozers. Not a lot of flash but will be harsh and ugly arse kickers...

QB - 3/4 guys that can make it work.... one has overwhelming athleticism and I believe his football intellect has matured to nearly match his athleticism. #2 guy is a QB that is that dependable guy who may not light it up but doesn’t make many mistakes. #3 is the guy you got to find a place for on the field.... being practiced at WR as well as QB. He made some impressive catches and is running great routes. Handled QB responsibility effectively. Still fresh to the system.

The Dins are OK at QB!

Defense - The first thing that’s pops to your eye! Speed, size, athleticism and ability. I got cold chills watching these guys... either I was impressed or I had to pee. I was impressed!
Last edited by Huck on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper, FUKA61, QCGlue liked this
 #15247  by FUBeAR
 Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:58 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:52 pm
Huck wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:26 pm
.... one has overwhelming atheism and I believe his FB intellect has matured to nearly match his atheism.
best auto-correct fail ever on the UFFP
Need to get that guy away from those heathens on FaceBook!
dornb liked this
 #15262  by Jasper
 Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:21 pm
I find the concept of "overwhelming atheism" to be very powerful...and then the idea of someone's "intellect expanding to match that atheism" is positively mind boggling. It's kind of hard to wrap yourself around the whole thing though, especially without appropriate medication. Which is likely what initiated this whole thing in the first place. Then again, it could be the dawning of the age of Aquarius. At any rate, is sure adds another dimension to a plain old football thread. Thank you for that.
 #15267  by FUBeAR
 Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:47 pm
Jasper wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:21 pm
I find the concept of "overwhelming atheism" to be very powerful...and then the idea of someone's "intellect expanding to match that atheism" is positively mind boggling. It's kind of hard to wrap yourself around the whole thing though, especially without appropriate medication. Which is likely what initiated this whole thing in the first place. Then again, it could be the dawning of the age of Aquarius. At any rate, is sure adds another dimension to a plain old football thread. Thank you for that.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.