• Help for my memory - Defensive coaches

#14788  by gofurman
 Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm
One thing that concerns me is you can't win in this conference if you can't stop the option - read Citadel/Wofford every year...

With our DC Chad Staggs moving on (who led Charleston Southern to TWO victories over Citadel the year Citadel beat the Gamecocks! - he was GREAT at stopping the option) help me reconstruct where we are now on D with the coaches.

Yes, most is from our website.. just asking if this all looks correct:

- Duane Vaughn is now the DC as of 2019 .. he has been at FU since 2011 I think. He was on the offense / coaching TEs until 2014. Moved to working w safeties in 2015 and now OLBs in 17 and 18. I think he still works w OLBs in addition to being the DC?
- Josh Miller is still the DL coach in his 3rd year now? From Charleston Southern?
- Lamendola is in his third season with us coaching ILBs. He worked w ILBs at Air Force Prep for 2 years prior to FU.
- Corico Wright - Safeties.. big part of stopping option. Is he in his first year of coaching safeties? He was a CB coach at JMU (great program) for a year. coached CBs at Murray State for 2 years. Did coach as a GA at Clemson working with the secondary. Looks like he played LB at Clemson. Not sure how much experience he has w safeties specifically?
- Ojong. Our new CB coach. Was CB coach at Austin Peay after being a defensive grad assistant at UNC. Prior to UNC worked on the D side of ball at Memphis and West Georgia

Is all of that right or what do I have wrong? Thanks for input - In part, I am just keeping this so I can look at it during the year.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.