• NCAA Women's March Madness

#69953  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:28 am
I have to admit, I never this coming with women's basketball. It is more popular than ever and basketball fans are better off for it. It is basketball in its purest fundamental form, and I have enjoyed watching the games. I cannot wait for the Iowa vs. South Carolina. Might be one for the ages. There is a good article in today's P&C about the success of women's basketball.
"Sapakoff: A women’s college basketball TV boom, starring the Gamecocks."https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... e9ff0.html

From the article that I did not know:
"South Carolina’s 2022 national championship game victory over Connecticut attracted 4.85 million viewers. It was the most-watched women’s or men’s college basketball game on ESPN since 2008."

Also, the attendance for the two regional sites broke records. Pretty cool, especially since one of the sites was Greenville.
 #69958  by FUBeAR
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:08 am
Glad someone started this thread so FUBeAR had a place to post this.

You may or may not like Dawn Staley, but Coach Staley sure does LOVE Greenville!

Roundball liked this
 #69960  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:43 am
Gamecocks will have NO problem with Iowa or Maryland or VT.
#3 Natty for Gamecocks WBB and 2nd consecutive Natty for Gamecocks WBB.
Meanwhile, we’re trying to get back to having a winning WBB season and get back to at least beating Wofford in WBB.
 #69968  by Roundball
 Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:35 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:43 am
Gamecocks will have NO problem with Iowa or Maryland or VT.
#3 Natty for Gamecocks WBB and 2nd consecutive Natty for Gamecocks WBB.
Meanwhile, we’re trying to get back to having a winning WBB season and get back to at least beating Wofford in WBB.
SInce Iowa has gotten all of their players back from early season injuries, they have been really good. Caitlin Clark just might be the best player in the nation. She was a steal away from having a quadruple double in the tournament. Amazing player. The difference will be the bench strength of S. Carolina, and the fact they have the best basketball coach in America. Dawn Staley is pure class. Her players just play the game, never complaining about calls that don’t go their way. She never uses any foul language, which is rare with coaches.
 #70130  by Roundball
 Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:42 am
I recorded and watched the game this morning. I was pulling for S. Carolina, but it was hard to pull against Iowa. Wow, Caitlin Clark. She put on a show. That was one of the best performances I’ve ever seen in any college basketball player. The best team with the best player won tonight.
Davemeister liked this
 #70132  by Affirm
 Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:01 am
Roundball wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:42 am
I recorded and watched the game this morning. I was pulling for S. Carolina, but it was hard to pull against Iowa. Wow, Caitlin Clark. She put on a show. That was one of the best performances I’ve ever seen in any college basketball player. The best team with the best player won tonight.
Today is April Fool’s Day.
However, I was NOT making an April Fool’s joke a day or 2 ago when I said USC would have no problem.
 #70139  by furpop16
 Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:03 am
Some of our guys could take lessons from her at the free-throw line (admittedly though Hien was pure clutch against VA)
bj93 liked this
 #70168  by apaladin
 Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:14 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Some of our guys could take lessons from her at the free-throw line (admittedly though Hien was pure clutch against VA)
Well it’s a little bit easier for the girls when you consider their ball is half the sixe of the men’s.
 #70169  by furpop16
 Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:56 pm
apaladin wrote:
furpop16 wrote:
Well it’s a little bit easier for the girls when you consider their ball is half the sixe of the men’s.

I did not know that. Always learnin’ on the UFFP.
 #70170  by Roundball
 Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:29 pm
apaladin wrote:
furpop16 wrote:
Not half at all. The men’s ball measures 29.5”. The women’s ball measures 28.5”. https://www.ladyscience.com/essays/bask ... ifferences
bj93 liked this
 #70174  by FurmAlum
 Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:04 pm
Watched the LSU-Iowa game.

Refs nearly ruined it with ticky tacky foul calls on both teams. Iowa probably got the worst of it. There is absolutely no reason to call a technical in a championship game unless a player or coach goes way too far. That was not the case. To call a tech against a star player who's already in foul trouble should get a ref banned from ever calling a championship game again.

Aside from the Refs it was a great game. LSU put on a shooting clinic like I have never seen before. And Iowa wasn't bad either. Those girls were hitting threes from NBA range. They made it look so easy.

They hit pull up jumpers from 10-15 feet like it was nothing. Alexis Morris was unbelievable and Angel Reese damn good. Iowa's Caitlin Clark was great but "held" to about 30 points.

Memo to the boys - Why can't you shoot 3 pointers and pull up jumpers as good as these girls?

After watching NCAA men's basketball all year which often included brickfest shooting games, I was flabbergasted at how good these girls shoot!!!
Roundball, Davemeister, bj93 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.