• Zion’s Nike shoes

#10801  by gman
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:20 pm
Somebody needs to check on who had access to those shoes. My wife says it was a fix for betting purposes. I never thought about that possibility until she brought it up. Makes sense to me.
 #10802  by cavedweller2
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:22 pm
A man his size should be playing in Brogans.
 #10805  by Bootie
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:52 pm
gman wrote:Somebody needs to check on who had access to those shoes. My wife says it was a fix for betting purposes. I never thought about that possibility until she brought it up. Makes sense to me.
I don't think there's much way for some yahoo to weaken a pair of shoes like that without leaving some marks or obvious evidence, unless it was done by a professional cobbler. Conspiracy theory, imo.

Pure random event, I'd say.
 #10811  by Monday
 Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:30 pm
Bootie wrote:
gman wrote:Somebody needs to check on who had access to those shoes. My wife says it was a fix for betting purposes. I never thought about that possibility until she brought it up. Makes sense to me.
I don't think there's much way for some yahoo to weaken a pair of shoes like that without leaving some marks or obvious evidence, unless it was done by a professional cobbler. Conspiracy theory, imo.

Are you saying that it's outside the realm of possibility that someone with nefarious intentions towards Zion's shoes wouldn't have access to a good cobbler?

Bookmakers, rival shoe companies, Tarheel fans, Putin. Everyone's a suspect.
 #10820  by Bootie
 Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:02 am
Monday wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:30 pm
Bootie wrote:

Are you saying that it's outside the realm of possibility that someone with nefarious intentions towards Zion's shoes wouldn't have access to a good cobbler?

Bookmakers, rival shoe companies, Tarheel fans, Putin. Everyone's a suspect.
haha yeah sure, maybe. I may be naive, but I just think the likelihood of conspiracy is maybe .5%, and coincidence being 99.5%.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.