• Wrestling

#38997  by The Jackal
 Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:53 pm
I often tell folks that the most impressive athletes are wrestlers. Check out this kid from Minnesota after he won the 285 bout.

Dude is 6'1 260, just wrestled a match, and pulls that off. Insane.

#39173  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:04 pm
Hard to use the term athlete when talking wrestlers. I think performing artists is more appropriate. Along the lines of circus, cirque de soleil type performers, they do some incredible things but athletes, uh no. You have to be in a competitive sport to be an athlete.
 #39176  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:30 pm
I think Jackal is talking about real wrestling. We had a real good FB coach from Michigan several years back, and he was eager to get a wrestling team started because up there pretty much all linemen wrestle during the winter. It makes them better. But he also liked coaching it because it’s a sport where the smallest kid can go out and compete on a level playing field. I watch the HS team some, and it is fast moving action.
 #39177  by Roundball
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:09 pm
Wrestlers are athletes. To say otherwise is crazy. Even the pro wrestlers have to be athletic, and actors.
 #39178  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:37 pm
I remember along about graduation time in ‘83 a few FB players went to Atlanta to interview or audition or whatever for rasslin. One of them seemed like a sure thing in the sh$t talking department but might have been too small.
 #39453  by The Jackal
 Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:14 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:04 pm
Hard to use the term athlete when talking wrestlers. I think performing artists is more appropriate. Along the lines of circus, cirque de soleil type performers, they do some incredible things but athletes, uh no. You have to be in a competitive sport to be an athlete.
College wrestling. You are either intentionally obtuse or have no idea what you are talking about.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.