• BILLY NAPIER

#89977  by apaladin
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:08 pm
Doubt he makes it to the end of the season after yesterday’s debacle.
 #89985  by Furmanoid
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:23 pm
Well, I guess he made a bunch of money, but his career is pretty messed up now.
 #89986  by Affirm
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:46 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:23 pm
Well, I guess he made a bunch of money, but his career is pretty messed up now.
This happens in football quite a lot, does it not?
It will be interesting to see his career proceed from being fired by Florida.
Since "he made a bunch of money" (but it's never enough, you know?), maybe he can afford to return to Furman and coach at some point in the future. However, I believe that is going to be far below his desired salary for quite a few more years into the future.
(Caution: no one should read this and think they have missed the "news that he has been fired"; he has not been fired; he may not be fired; I do not intend to start a rumor.)
 #89987  by Furmanoid
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:57 pm
Whenever I see a hot new coach grab for that brass ring, I’m always worried for them because it almost always blows up in their face. BUT they make so much money getting their face blown off that I guess it’s worth it. It’s horrible to have fewer millions than the other guy. Who needs a face?
 #89988  by FUBeAR
 Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:02 pm
If they fire him today, they owe him $26 million cash today.

FUBeAR was no finance major, but he thinks one could buy a new career for $26,000,000

OR

Buy a nice piece of land in Chatsworth, be a 2-A High School Community Assistant Football Coach, and spend the next 40 years chasing the Missus and the kids around.
Bootie, FUwolfpacker, Affirm liked this
 #90008  by Davemeister
 Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:42 am
The Napster will land on his feet. He's been fired before and lived to fight another day.
Affirm liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by Sad Din

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:25 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:46 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.